Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Gregg Williams named in lawsuit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Shanvhere Elite

Moolah:
    $168
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611
    I doubt the player suing will win that appeal, but still.. I'd hate for anything to negatively effect our next head coach next defensive coordinator senior defensive assistant.
    J Falk and GoT high five this.
  3. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,057
    2004?

And the opportunists come out of hiding like missing relatives after a lottery.
  4. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    Do they have a chance? I mean, wouldn't they have to have proof that they targeted that player? Plus, why would they target someone other than a star player?
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    I mean the Ravens took CJ out of the game in the playoffs, not Justin Gage.
  6. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    Yep!
  7. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611

Oh my god that pissed me off so much. F*cking Rat-bird ravens will NEVER win in Nashville ever again, our players and coaches better make damn sure of that.
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  8. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is named in a lawsuit filed by a former NFL player who claims his career ended because of dirty tactics.

Williams was with the Redskins when Barrett Green played linebacker for New York Giants in 2004. Per the Associated Press, Green is suing the Redskins, claiming his career-ending knee injury resulted from a bounty program organized by Williams in which the team’s coaches encouraged players to intentionally injure opponents.

According to Green, his career-ending knee injury came during a game on Dec. 5, 2004 as a result of an “unusual, outrageous and an obvious cheap shot.”

In addition to Williams, the lawsuit also names former Redskins player Robert Royal, the player who hit Green.

The Titans hired Williams in February, following his one-year NFL suspension for being the mastermind behind the bounty scandal with the New Orleans Saints. Williams coached with Redskins from 2004-07.

According to the lawsuit, Royal “intentionally lowered his helmet and dove into” Green’s knees “at full speed.” Green had to be helped off the field, and the lawsuit claims the alleged bounty program would have rewarded the hit as “either a ‘knockout’ or a ‘cart off,’” per the lawsuit.

Royal was lined up as a tight end on the play Green was injured, but the lawsuit says he also played defense occasionally and therefore would have been coached by Williams. Green played in one more game after the injury and later underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL. He played in one game with the Giants in 2005 but was cut at the end of the season and hasn’t played in an NFL game since.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  9. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $6,745
    Yeah... Ok....
  10. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,805
    July
    Titans Eternal and JCBRAVE high five this.