griffs mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by griff33daddy, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

this will be my only mock and it is based on all the other mocks i've seen plus what i've been hearing on espn, sportscenter, etc.

this will be only the titans picks too

i see us trading the first pick after the article about how Reinfeldt said he expects more trading in this draft, but as it stands now

1. 8th pick- Jake Locker- titans are high on locker and you cant afford to play the IF game if the FO thinks that locker is our franchise qb so they take the leap and reach for him at 8 instead of playing the if game(given that we dont trade back)

2. 39th pick- Stephen Paea-everyone knows the titans need help within their defensive line and after his knee injury that slide him out of the first round the titans take the chance with the high risk-high reward factor and based on if healthy he could possibly start from day one alongside JJ

3. 77th pick- Allen Bailey- with 3 of our defensive ends possibly becoming free agents and most likely jason babin for sure as he will demand alot of money and with our updated defensive scheme our defensive ends are going to be asked to help with the run more bailey is a miami product and from a 4-3 scheme already so he would fit right in

4. 109th pick- DeMarcus Love-everyone has us taking a offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds but i think with 2 HOF line players coaching they will be able to fix the problems with our o-line and they can if they move harris back to center where he should of been and the add love here for depth and insurance incase amano doesnt come back or pan out either or

4. 130th pick- Terrance Toliver-titans need someone to stretch the field and catch the ball unlike nate who can only stretch the field but he has the size and decent speed and should provide excellent depth for our receiver corps and more depth depending on what happens with britt

5. 142nd pick- Mark Herzlich- titans linebacker corps didnt perform up to expectation and they draft a player who has unreal work ethic after battling back from cancer to try to help fill the void in the outside linebacker spot, Herzlich is a pretty solid linebacker, better in the run than he is in coverage but isnt terrible in coverage

6. 175th pick- Zach Hurd- late round steal for anyone i believe but i think they want to add more depth and competition to push our interior line to produce better output

7. 212th pick- Byron Maxwell- i know i dont have us drafting a safety and thats simply because i dont see a huge need to draft one for reason being:1. this years safety class is weak and 2. the past 2 years we have taken safeties that we plan to play eventually and one of them may break out so i have us adding some depth with a late round pick in Byron Maxwell a big 6'0" 200 lb corner from clemson to provide some much needed depth and could challenge for our 3rd cb slot

7. 251st pick- Martin Parker- the titans go with the double dip on defensive tackles and draft parker after drafting paea. parker is a 300lb dt so he is beefing up and some may say he would be a noseguard for a 3-4 and blah blah but he ran a pretty fast 40 from what i looked up on him and he has long wingspan so he could be a disruptive force if given the chance and i think it isnt as big of a bust in the 7th round picks compared to the top couple rounds

and just to note------i didnt have the titans picking up a spell back simply because ringer is a decent and cost effective running back and has done nothing to show me that we need someone else and i wasnt to ashamed of how our lb corps played and witherspoon although getting older still has a year or two left in him and his replacement Herzlich in line.

let me know what you guys think of this draft as i said i based it on what ive been hearing, other mocks, needs, and opinion as thats what mock drafts are

thanks griffdaddy:yes:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm pretty certain we will get Locker as well.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We house the 8th pick, not the 7th.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

lol woops....you werent suppose to notice that over the mock ha

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I hope we address LB and OL before WR UNLESS there is true value at the pick.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I love how everyone is stealing my Locker/Paea draft. GET YOUR OWN IDEAS PEOPLE!!!!

j/k... kinda.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

....It's not like you came up with this, everyones second round pick has just about always been Paea assuming we don't go Dline in round one. :sad2:

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

You want to take credit for that? :D

Oh and I really like that draft.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

He didn't go Fairley. Give him credit for that.

If I see another mock draft with Fairley at eight I might vomit.
    If it actually happens Thursday I'm not sure what I will do. I'd take Locker over Fairley anyday. Go DT in the second.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

its either paea or austin and either one works for me really i almost had us taking drake nevis in the 3rd too bud decided not to as we usually draft a d-end dt o-line and wr in every draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar