Hakeem Nicks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nate42104, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If you aren't watching the all important Meineke Car Care Bowl right now, you will see highlights on Sportscenter tonight :) I'd like to have this dude on our roster - hes a junior, and may come out this year, although I'm not sure where in the draft he will be positioned.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

most of them guys look good in college but not the NFL.

i never hype college players, if they can come to the NFL and make an impact then good. but im not one to say omg we need that guy cause he is so awesome in college! would you want Reggie Bush now?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Chris Henry is sorta a college player. Can we hype him? :jump:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I noticed Nicks early this year for the first time. He seemed to do everything for UNC. Like a machine. And since, he hasn't stopped impressing me. He catches everything, runs hard after the catch, and never lets up.
    That catch behind his back was crazy. Very roy williams'esque.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ESPN ticker says he's going pro

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I've seen him projected at about rnd 2. Depends on how he runs but he's got good hands and definitely has spectacular catch ability. That behind the back catch was nearly unbelieveable...especially since he was also holding the tip of the ball...but his first catch was also amazing when he caught the deflection and continued in for the TD. He's a good player!

Gut

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think harvin or bey will be there when we pick. Everybody over values speed and with the success of CJ, slaton and sproles several teams are looking for a WR/RB speed guy. If the numbers at the combine stack up as expected and harvin is 5'11 and he is around 200 lbs and runs a 4.35 someone will snap him up before the 30th pick.

Same for bey who along with harvin is considered among the fastest WR prospects in the draft and along with his good size will also likely come off sooner. If bey runs a 4.35 type 40 as is hoped or expected he too will be gone. Somebody is going to snap up a 6'3 guy with 4.35 speed before the 30th pick.

That brings us to maclin who is modest in size 6'0 200 and will run a more modest 40 time maybe a 4.47 or something and with 3 WR already taken could fall to us. It's possible..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The colts are a team that might be interested in harvin with the 27th pick with harrison gone. Gonzalez has been solid but is more of a #2 WR not a harrison or wayne caliber guy. At RB addai has been a versatile workman type guy but not very dynamic as a runner.

Harvin could provide some explosiveness in both the running game and the passing game. The colts would have gonzalez and wayne on the outside with clark in a slot. Now add a guy like harvin in the opposite slot and you have some explosiveness and create matchup problems.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Everyone thinks Colts are going DT.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm really starting to like Nicks, but I see a lot of mocks with him going to Minnesota at 22. Nicks is projected to be a 4.5 range guy, but the more you hear about him the more he sounds like he's got Boldin-type potential.

The other guy I'm really high on (this is about WRs who I think will be good, but don't have the speed that everyone is going to chase this year based on last) is Ramses Barden from Cal-Poly. Small school competition, but 50 TDs in college, 6'6" 227, catches everything, projected to run 4.6. I'm thinking of him in round two, but I think ultimately, that's where everyone's going to think about him. Watch this guy. His stock will rise fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar