Hasselbeck on Locker: "He's off the Charts"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Don't forget record breaker Drew Brees is only 6'0. So is Russell Wilson

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

While being tall helps a QB, being short isn't a handicap at all. QB's don't throw over linemen, they throw around them thru throwing lanes. To be good you just have to be able to move in confined spaces.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Everything except for the most important thing.....skill. He doesnt have the talent to be a legit qb in the NFL. At least he hasn't shown it yet!

4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I personally haven't given up on Locker. Stafford was terrible his first two season fighting through injury. I believe if Locker can stay healthy and our O-line is tops, he can be successful

5. JCBRAVE

Oh he's shown he can play at this level, don't you start with that.

While his win-loss record is "meh", his team has been "meh" the whole time.

Notice 2011 how exciting he was to watch, well thats due to being a better team in 2011.

Surround your QB with solid teammates and you'll get what you're looking for. I think even you know that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Yea success in the NFL isn't an overnight thing, it takes time. 99% of the league takes 2-3 years to figure it out. Jake is only in his 3rd year, if we're sitting here talking about this in 2014 or later then maybe some of the criticisms are justified, but right now no.

Players including WR's, DB's and QB's make tremendous improvements from year 2 to 3, give the guy a chance.

Would it be better he comes in on fire and burns out after a few years like VY did? You want him to get lucky like Tebow a few times and never become anything? The team has been crap, so its no surprise the QB, RB, WR's, and defense has stunk.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

we all know how good Matt Flynn looked in his spot relief duty. And we've seen how good VY was in relief of KFC. and the list goes on and on. a few flashes does not make you a good QB.
    If Locker can do this for a whole season.. then 10 seasons, he'll be considered a good QB.

8. JCBRAVE

I just find it unusual people want to crucify a growing player when he's still yet to peak..

The guy is only in his 3rd freaking season, it's hilarious what some people expect.

I mean I know we live in a world today where instant gratification is a regular, but not everything can be microwaved.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitansWillWin2

How was that 2011 team better offensively? CJ performed better this year, he actually had Britt this past year, the addittion of Wright....The only difference is the Oline b/c of injuries. But even before the Oline went south he was still struggling!

10. TitansWillWin2

Also in 2011 he had a few chances to close a game with a come from behind victory. He led us back but then choked in the end aka the saints game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar