Hasselbeck wants to get Cook ball more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Stats LLC keep 1,000,000 times more comprehensive and accurate and searchable stats compared to ESPN or Yahoo! or anyone else. They are who everyone else (including NBC, CBS, and ESPN) quote when they talk about the only 3rd year QB with a birthday in the first week of January to start a game in december weird stuff ... I will roll with their 81 target over ESPN's 82 targets all day long.

2. RealestWhiteBoy

If you put that 1 extra target on him, going by ESPN, then he is #18 most targeted. And if you are wanting to go by sheer numbers, not by %s, then there WERE 17 TEs more effective than him in catching the ball in 2011 and 13 more effective in getting yards. Just by sheer numbers.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It sucks that stats don't show how good this guy has become. Top 10 TE in my eyes...

Graham
    Gronk
    Gonzalez
    Davis
    Hernandez
    Witten
    Gates
    (Cook would have to come in somewhere around here)

Speaking of Gates, he's not all that anymore - even when healthy. Done.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RealestWhiteBoy

He was #2 amount TEs with 25+ receptions in yards per receptions.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, like I've said before... if he's on the Saints or Pats, he might be just as good as Graham or Gronk.

He'd definitely be incredible with any elite QB throwing to him.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He's a beast! Some of the best hands in the league and one of the fastest if not the fastest TE in the league. Vernon Davis would prolly beat him, but thats it!

7. RealestWhiteBoy

I agree with all that. He is one of the best. That is why I say you have to consider %s. Pats and Saints have 200-300 more plays than us over that time, so of course their TEs get more looks in the sheer numbers.

Cook is one of the best receiving TEs in the league ... but on a team that also puts a heavy emphasis on the run, you have to learn to RUN BLOCK to stay on the field. Because he can't run block, he has to come off the field alot more than other TEs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWillWin2

Hes not as bad at run blocking as you think. Stevens and thompson is just really good at it. You either have to be a pass oriented team or a run oriented team you cant be both but thats what were trying to do!

9. RealestWhiteBoy

I don't think you can be a smash mouth run team, like we use to be. But you can use a speed runner and run a pass game. So long as you are willing to still use run formations, we were trying tu use more spread and still run it, that doesn't work. It also helps if you runner can catch better than CJ.

10. TitansWillWin2

CJ is not as bad at catching the ball as everyone thinks. Just b/c he had drops in the preseason does not mean he sucks at it! I mean he's catching 73% of the balls that are thrown his way for his career, not bad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar