Haynesworth Skips Conditioning test again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Me too. He's really screwed himself on this one. If he was given the option to leave Washington and didn't that's all on him. His bad. He's making himself look really bad right now.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Us not keeping him was looking like more and more of a blessing.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm assuming Big Al is going to meetings and learning the defense. It's not going to mean a lot for him to miss a couple of weeks of practice. He knows this. Shanahan knows this too. If he felt it was essential to his team's success, Haynesworth would have been on the field the first week of training camp.

Haynesworth is the kind of guy who would have a friend back over his foot in his truck before giving in. The head-stomp thing humbled him because he knew he did wrong. I don't think he feels this way about this situation and won't give in.

If Shanahan wants to continue to play this game, he might end up with Haynesworth on the sidelines most of the season with various "ailments".

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

you guys are probably laughing like hell over this whole spectacle. Now his knee needs an MRI. This is not going to end well, sounds like they're somewhat moving on without him and he has to be completely humiliated.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He will be crying all the way to the bank.

I agree with TJ- AH isn't going to back down. I don't have a problem with him getting his money as the contract stipulates and I don't have a problem with him taking the 21 mill bonus in April.

I believe there were trade offers for AH back in April but none of which that the Redskins were satisfied. They could have cut or moved AH before April- but they didn't. They chose to gamble on him backing down and playing in the system. I got the feeling back in March that the Titans were making offers for AH. I suspect they were all very low offers though.

I don't see AH getting on the field unless there is an injury. If I were the Redskins management, I'd get him out of the locker room as fast as I could.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

All I can say is.... :biglaugh:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You know if we were make a trade for AH right now, Fish/MR/Adams would look pretty damn smart- especially if he returned to form quickly. (as I suspect he would).

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think it might do more harm than good. I have a feeling he would come back with a sense of entitlement. It could be a good thing if he channeled it correctly, I just think he is too immature to do so. I would love for him to come back and perform like he did 2 years ago but at the same time I think we are better off with the competition we have going on right now. We don't need to give up on Marks just yet. We have alot of young talent that shouldn't get wasted with a possible typical AH.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. Does AH deserve a lot of the ridicule and criticism he receives? Absolutely. But I also don't think he's the completely worthless turd a lot of people are trying to make him out to be. Sure he can be selfish and lazy. I won't deny that. But he can also be the best DT in the game. I think if he got back into a situation he was happy with he would return to form, for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar