Haynesworth!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The Redskins would trade Haynesworth for anything they can get. They will not release him for fear he would end up in Philly (which he probably would) If nobody offers anything for him, they might just keep him.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I wonder if they'd trade him for a 7th? I'm sure that the Skins will probably take whatever they can get for him as long as they get something.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I do not want Haynesworth in a trade, his contract is still too much. If he's released, sure I'd take him back, on the cheap.

However, if he's released... I see him going to the Eagles for 2 reasons. #1: Gets to play with Wash #2: Gets to punish the Skins twice a year

4. Big Time Titan

I agree, if he gets released he will almost certainly wanna go to Philly to stick it to the Skins. Somebody said that he's supposed to make like $20 Million in 2013 so I don't want any part of that but I would like him back on a more reasonable deal.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why do people keep bringing up his 2013 salary. It isn't relevant. Nobody is going to pay him that and that is the 3rd season from now. The question is he worth it for two years.

Yes, the Skins don't want AH going to Philly so they will try to do whatever they can to keep from releasing him. That means we can get him for almost nothing and if he is lazy or causes trouble guess what? We can release him since we have virtually nothing in him. So I don't see what the problem is unless the FO doesn't want him simply because they don't like him.

I've said this before and I truly believe it. AH will want to bust his butt for a few years to prove everyone wrong. Thus he would be a good player. Maybe not quite what he was for two years when he was the best in the NFL but still disruptive. We need size and we need interior line guys.

Think 2008, vet QB, great RB, solid defense.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Vince for AH straight up except they both would need to agree to re-work their contracts. That keeps both guys out of their former division although it is really only likely that would happen with AH with the Texans having Leinart.

I'd be OK with that because we could at least see what AH is about in TC. If he has little to offer or is a headache then we can cut him.

7. Big Time Titan

I remember that Reinfeldt and Fisher were interested in getting AH back last year so maybe there is still some interest.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I remember Fat Albert ripping into the Titans in particular and Tennessee in general when he broke into Snyders vault a couple of minutes into being a FA. Possibly I missremember.

Having said that he would be a good addition to the DL if he was cheap and hungry, but his far arse is neither.

9. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

I appreciate the player he was when he was still with us, but his attitude and work ethic scares me. He played hard to get the big contract and it worked ..... I'm just not sure that he would have continued to play that hard no matter where he went. Agreed it didn't work out with the Redskins, but could have been the same way anywhere. Seems like he got what he wanted in the Mega Deal and now he's just sluffing around. I hate to see a player come back to Nashville that needs cuddled and attention that he does.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

There were numerous reports about us trying to trade for him last season. Of course I'd like to get him for cheap, he simply has the size we lack, but I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar