Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Position coaches, yes I do believe that. (and admit I could definitely be wrong)

I believe Moss would be a good WR coach, Smith would be a good RB coach, ect, ect. I have not looked it up to be honest, do you have any examples of good ex players being horrible at being a position coach?

Coordinator positions, no. Completely different.

2. Alzarius

You are saying thats 7 out of 11 starters. Steward has been horrible, Green has been injured and also splits time with CJ so both arent on the field at the same time. So thats 5. Levitre is also up for debate but he does have experience and has been successful so I put him on the list.

Glad they let harris go. I liked Velasco, probably more than anyone else on this site at the end of last season but when they signed turner and drafted Schweeennnkeee.... Cant go with 3 centers. I would have much preferred Velasco but money was an issue apparently.

3. Alzarius

**** PK

There is absolutely nothing Munch could have done to make Wilson catch that int. See I am one of those people who thinks that Wilson is a pro, a vet, and doenst need a coach ragging him because he has already kicked himself in the nuts 400 times over it.

It seriously seems like you guys want Munch to ***** about every mistake made on the field, and to run our players down. I strongly disagree with that approach unless its needed. (Britt, PacMan, VY.. THOSE types of players)

Griffin was gone... and thats why Wilson was out there. Theres no one past them, and Griffin will be back out there next week. How stupid would Munch have sounded if he had said that? Hell even I would have called him a moron.

4. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I don't Munch to have a cow in the media every time a player blows a play. I expect him to hold their feet to the fire and make them earn those million dollar contracts. If I had a reciever who wasn't catching passes; you can bet he'd be practicing catching passes every day all day long. If he didn't respond then it is up to me to do something as the coach.
    If I don't then I am not doing my job, and all his team mates will see that as well.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, all the coveted coaches were gone by then.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You're right. But no one will convince me that the delay in releasing Fisher was because Bud wanted Munchak to have the job without a real search. The writing was long on the wall that Fisher was out.

7. Alzarius

I actually agree with you here, but thats also why I believe that Britt has only started 3 games this year and his snaps have been reduced. He got ONE snap last week and what did he do?? Dropped the damn ball................ I feel that Munch did the less talk, more action approach.

The ONLY question I had was why it took Reynaud so long to be pulled, but even in hindsight, I understand.

There were reports of players talking about how Britt was putting in extra time at the juggs machine earlier this season.

8. Alzarius

I think the only other outside person that could even be considered were Perell ferell? (sp???) Other than that, it was dinger and munch.

Fisher should have been let go much earlier, and we MAY have had a chance at a "real coach". that one is on Bud. You could be correct, but its all speculation, even from me.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree completely. It was on Bud. But that doesn't make the fact that hiring process did not produce the best candidate available- especially when it most DEFINITELY should have occurred when the other candidates were available. Jim Harbaugh in particular.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am 90% certain that the coaching will be either:

1. Munch is retained
    2. Greg Williams will be the new Head Coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar