Hey Coach Fisher ..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

All speculative. Billy sure hasn't done much better in the past even after being in the system for 5 or 6 years. You pretty much know what your getting with Billy. Of course, they hoped that Collins would've played better but they were hoping the same thing when they let Billy start the first two pre-season games and he laid a big fat egg... I seriously doubt they wanted to bring in another QB if they didn't have to. There are those who will blame this loss on Collins and he does deserve partial credit but no more than anyone else. How anyone who watched that game can say that it was all Collin's fault is beyond me.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't recall reading anybody stating it was ALL Collins fault. I agree 100% that it is speculative (aka opinion) that Volek would have done better. But no more erroneous than to suggest his 4th quarter play almost brought us back.

I also think Collins is serving as the whipping boy for the fans frustration with the team producing so few home wins. It isn't his fault he got the call to come to camp just a couple of weeks before the season, but when he said yes and signed- it did become his responsibility to produce some wins now he is here.

I think I feel like most fans. I'd like to see this QB decision produce some victories. On a positive note- at the team appears to be coming together to support him. Maybe that will produce some locker room chemistry.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress...

Maybe you have comprehension difficulties because i didn't complain about a personal attack i complained that a poster wrote that i mischaracterized his position and you used that as an example how i am. My point is that i didn't misstate his position at all.

When a poster says that billy volek "can't read and can't make quick decisions" i have a right to assume he is saying that volek sucks so when he comes back to me with hands on hips crying that he never said volek sucks i think he is full of it..

Jeff was making an arguement that he probably didn't believe in just to be a pain in the @ss only to complain later.

Your obsession with personalities is funny. I'm concerned that a unprepared bloke with a history of poor play is about to start his second game for us and you are more obsessed with me.

I made my case against collins with facts, stats and logic and was told that the coaches know better. Well do they?

As for you grow up and get an identity of your own. Start with your own sig.....

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

After one game I guess we can go ahead and name the Super Bowl Champion too.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I will go out on a limb and say for sure the Titans won't be there :brow:

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You know, it's pretty easy to sit back and rip the Titans but really when you look at it; Chad Pennington played a pretty damn good game. I mean really! He made some really nice passes that were right on the money. That's the best I've seen him look in two years. Some of his recievers were covered and he stuck it in there. Not saying we shouldn't have done better or anything, I'm just saying Pennington looked pretty solid. Who knows they may turn out to be a pretty solid team this year..

I'm really sruggling here aren't I:hmm:

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cool, then you and I can sit back and have a laugh over all the silly hoopla here.. We know the REAL meaning of futility!!
    Can't wait for the Borat movie this fall!!

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Wrong bamaboy

TJ did NOT say Volek sucks, that is a general statement. TJ had an opinion that he thought Volek lacked in specific areas.

You in fact put words in TJs mouth when you claimed he said Volek sucks.

Your constant leaps of illogic are astounding - yet consistent.

BTW Gannon and Collins both suck. And they both sucked in 2003 when you said that Gannon was the best QB in the NFL. Man I NEVER get tired of pointing that out.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: funniest thing I ever read. RollTide telling someone else they have comprehension difficulties.

Man that is gold.

says the man with a quote from Bear Bryant. How original.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sometimes the mind forgets...just comes with old age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar