How much NFL football do you watch?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 3, 2011.

?
  1. 1-2

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. 3-4

35 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. 5-6

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. 7-8

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. 9+

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can't over-stress how awesome Redzone is. If you love the drama of tight football game endings, Redzone provides that in spades.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Redzone is awesome.

Before comcast I was with Dish Network and their DVR is phenomenal. It has an awesome skip forward button. I could record the 3pm game, and by hitting that button right when the player's knee goes down, you hit skip, and BAM you are at the snap of the next play. I could watch every play of a game in about 20-25 minutes. It was very cool.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can remember when NFL Football was two games going head-to-head @ 1pm on Sunday (and the occasional 4pm late game) and MNF. That was IT!
    If you wanted to know scores your option was the once or twice per half league-wide scoring update. If you had a crappy local game on and wanted to know what was up w some other game you could spend hours watching a game you didn't care about just for scores.
    Prior to and in the early years of ESPN networks took years to figure out to update scores more frequently.
    Worse than that, if you missed a game and wanted scores - you had to wait until 11 oclock news (if you were lucky enough to have a channel that cared enough to show all the damn scores from around the league. Otherwise you had to read the Monday paper for scores. It sucked!
    It really was like walking thru two miles of snow back in the day. You youngn's will never know..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

^

Dunno how you guys lived before google.

5. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

How/Where do you do this? PM me if necessary please. :)

And to answer the question: not as much as I would like. I'm an avid yet broke NFL fan. I'm a college student at Lehigh University, live by the college in an apartment building that couldn't support sattelite service because of all the other buildings around it and overall horrible conditions. Also I don't have the money, and don't wanna have one installed when I don't know how long I'll be here.

So I watch all the games I get on basic cable, and stream (try to stream) the Titans games on my computer and essentially lose major chunks of the game due to my terrible connection that I steal from my neighbor. Haha. My life sucks. Like the Colts.

Sad to say I get to watch more Eagles and Jets then I get to watch my Titans. And isn't it great that the one year the Titans look phenomenal and I go to college in the philly/jersey area and they both suck. Can't bring myself to really route for either of them. Somewhat like the Eagles because I've always liked watching Vick play and they're not in the conference, but 1-3, smh.

6. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Titans at 12. Usually I pick a 4 game that I want to see or I just go to the directv redzone channel. And SNF & MNF

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I hear ya, buddy. Sky has a serious man crush on the NFC East. I will miss beating the Steelers and seeing Nick Halling have to act neutral about it, though.

Buying GamePass this season has been a revelation for me, althought I don't know how good it'd be without 50mb fibre optic broadband... :D

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm almost thirty seven years old but doing without cable i remember Monday morning was the most exciting day of the week during football season because that was the morning i could get all the scores plus the division standings and i would buy the local paper and US Today just to get in depth coverage and analysis of all the games.Before internet it sucked having to wait and wait and especially if the paper didn't have all the scores because of some late games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

As far as how many games i watch i'd say around 5 or 6 each weekend.I especially like to keep an eye on our AFC South rivals.Sucked a couple weeks ago and last week watching the Texans defeat the Dolphins and then Steelers.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if your sitting in front on the TV on these glorious weekends you are the one who has no life...get outside and enjoy life :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar