I have really tried.........after Vince who is.............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Think of where we were last year at this time. We have a Rookie of the Year QB which I think will be a franchise QB for years if he stays healthy. I gots a question: Which true franchise QB didn't win a Super Bowl during their career? Off the top of my head, I can only think of one, Marino. My point is, the Titans will win at least one with VY. We'll be in the Playoffs, Indie's gonna drop, the Jags are in bad shape, and Houston seems to still be snake bitten. We'll get there.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

On Offense: Roos, Bell, Mawae, Olson, Stewart, Hall

The seldom discussed OL really came on at the end of the season. Doesn't matter who is running or catching, if we can block, we'll succeed. This is the group that has me most optimistic about 2007. Roos, Bell, and Mawae seem particularly good at the left side.

On Defense: I'm scared.

Bulluck, Tulloch, Thorton could be a pretty good LB combination. I'm optimistic about Tulloch, he could be dangerous hitter. I hope we draft a lot of defense come draft day.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2 AFC Championships and a Super Bowl appearance

in '99, that's all we really had were "serviceable" starters,
    Kearse was easily our most impressive player that year and probably was the only player on roster who would have qualified as 'superstar'
    Eddie was very good, and was 4th in total yards from scrimmage; however, he might not have been the 'superstar' in '99 that he was in 2000
    Steve threw for only 12 TD's that year (he did rush for 8 more though)
    we had no WR with more than 660 yards - or 5 TD's
    we only sent 4 to the Pro Bowl (one was a lineman / one was a TE)
    we were 15th in total offense
    and 18th in total defense
    we did not lead the league in any category

so, like oochymp stated, you really only need a few really good players

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He did miss 5 games though and I believe 4 TDs came in one game?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here vs Jax

6. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Yeah Vince will be a Franchise QB who will be playing on another team as soon as a large $$$ comes up he will be shipped off. Every player who has mattered has been done that way and Vince will be just like the rest of them thats just the way this organazation treats its players.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*sigh* Get of your misery bed, read up on the facts. When you have read up on them, come back to me and answer this question -

Which players that have mattered have we done away with that a) Never got their big contract from Tennessee b) wasn't released because of salary cap.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If that really happened, I might consider switching my team

Ive been a Titan fan ever since i can remember, something like letting him go could do it

But honestly, I doubt that happens

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

(warning +10)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think truths can be warned...:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar