I want to cut/trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

FACT: You can't prove this so it is, what is called: A LOAD.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Trade CJ for Randy Moss

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Cutting? No. Trading? Hmm... I see that some good can come from that.

CJ does us no good right now. We aren't a good team. When we become a good team, CJ will be older, used up and a shadow of his former self. Only benefit to that is if we Luck out like the Colts did and draft another successful back. That's not likely...

If we trade CJ and get something good for him - only if we can get something good, be it a great draft pick or another good back that is younger - then this would work out great for this rebuilding team for the future.

Now... all that said... if we got a 1st Rounder for him, we'd blow it on either a Bust, another Pacman Jones or simply draft a player/position we don't really need.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He's done very well against great defenses this year. If you can't understand why he stopped playing at a very good level the last few weeks and you're an actual fan of the team and know what's going on then that's pretty embarrassing for you. Our offensive line when we had all of our starters was easily one of the worst in the league. Now we have FOUR backups, and an injured but playing Roos (probably only because we don't have any players left) and you're wondering why we aren't running even halfway decently all of a sudden?

It also coincided perfectly with Jake Lockers return, our receivers dropping 8 balls a game, and basically teams don't think he can beat them compared to Hasselbeck which is pretty bad for Locker. Also Locker doesn't know how to read defenses and switch out of a play as well as Matt did so it's lead to some stupid runs into an awaiting defense.

Also we just got a new Offensive Coordinator. How many more legit reasons do you need when our offense as a whole is struggling? CJ is just a piece of the shi**y puzzle we have in Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

My generall feeling is that a goood line will not improve CJs play. This is because he has demonstrated over the last two years that his ability to see a play develop has gotten horrible.
    Good lines wont always open clear holes at the point of attack.

We arent using CJ properly, but in order to use him righht, you have to form a gameplan around him and the ru.nning game I t/hougt we were moving away from that.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

What about at the beginning of the season? After the first 6 games, he had only gone over 90 yards twice, with one being against Houston when the game was already out of hand. Hell, in the first 3 games he was horrendous. Running well against Buffalo and Miami? Well, I'd hope we could do that because both of those teams are awful. The Bears game, well, we all know how that went, so I'm not even going to really consider those yardage totals (considering his long run of 80 yards came against their second string defense).

How do you explain his early struggles? Can't be all on the offensive line. The guy is in decline, and no team is going to want to trade for him.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Wow Adrian Peterson...just wow. Even if he doesn't break 2000, 2012 AP > 2009 CJ.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He has averaged 4.7 yards a carry running sideways only?

Look it is mentally retarded for a team like this that has other needs to turn the RB position into yet another need area.

It is retarded to think that some backup and an 3rd rd pick can replace Chris Johnson.

He is a good back, we have made an investment in him. We have no cap reasons to not keep him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What do you care it is not your money. What about the $20M they already invested in him?

CJ is not the reason we are 31st in scoring defense.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I love it! You guys don't want him on the titans but some team is supposed to give us a high draft pick for him.

Genius!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar