I want to cut/trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

LOL, this is :sarcasm:right? Please say it is. Are you calling CJ the 2nd best RB in the NFL?!?!

It's pretty obvious he isn't the fastest player in the NFL anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris "Sideways" Johnson is nowhere near the player he once was, stop living in the past.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Cute.

No. It's football knowledge.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm sorry. Weren't you praising the guy at one point in the season?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes but before I praised him I said heres what will happen. I said hed erupt and sputter at the end. He did exactly as I expected and he's just not that great when a fan can call his moves move by move.

6. Mariani&Cheese

Mariani&Cheese Practice Squad

Can we upgrade this decrepit offensive line, please?

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got a starting RB who's at the top of the league, stays healthy, can block, and who CHOSE to stay in TN and now we have some fans wanting to get rid of him.

It's not just the Titans who are underperforming, apparently our fans are too.

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I think CJ's fate will depend on what FO and coaching staff changes are made after the Jags game. If Bud meant anything he said then I expect heads to roll. That said, I highly doubt CJ goes anywhere. When you think about it, we don't really have anyone behind him who is really even serviceable. Harper? Ringer? Reynaud? It's hard to even imagine any of those guys being back. Cutting CJ would force us to draft high on a RB and let's face it, RB isn't anywhere near our biggest need.

Secondly, as JC said, we are in great shape cap wise even with Griffin and CJ's salaries. If memory serves, this coming season the cap number rises and teams are required to spend 98% of it according to the new cba. (Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong there.)

Maybe it's time to part ways with Hass and dump his salary and maybe pickup someone a bit cheaper? I thank the guy for coming to Tenn and being a leader and a class act but IMO he has little value to the team at this point.

If I were in the FO I'd see that we are a NT and MLB away from having what could be a dangerous 3-4 defense. I draft a NT first, then focus on another MLB and some oline help the rest of the draft. Throw in a power running RB somewhere in the middle and take the load off CJ. I know we need some safety help as well and that's what I'm having a hard time with. I wish we could have seen Markelle Martin, he intrigues me more than anyone on our team right now.

9. xpmar9x

10. xpmar9x

uploadfromtaptalk1355678703781.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar