If Fisher returns, who will play QB in 2011?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

As much as I want the Titans to be rid of Fisher, to me its seeming more likely that he is going to get just enough out of this team to keep his job one more year. The entire organization is just so darn conservative and reluctant to change things that my crystal ball is telling me we have at least one more year of Fisherball. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong...

It also seems that the damage between Fisher and VY is irreparable and their relationship has grown too vitriolic for them to coexist. Assuming that there is a real NFL season next year and Fisher is still head coach, who do you think will play QB for the Titans?

Like many of you, I'm hoping the Titans draft the best available QB prospect. However, I think that we'll probably miss out on Luck and Mallet, and if we were to draft a QB at best we'd end up with an unpolished prospect like Locker or Ponder. That makes me think that our conservative franchise might pass on QB's altogether and just take the best player available in the first several rounds. Even if we end up with a solid QB in the draft, that doesn't necessarily answer the question for the short term. What do you nerds think?

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Donavon McNabb, with Cam newton as second string QB, cause Titans suck at getting a good QB now a days.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't see any way Fisher stays but if he does, expect Collins and/or the usual suspects..
    Vince would be the odd man out in this love triangle.
    I say burn it all down...

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

although I am just a pessimistic I see fish face going nowhere with BAs $5m.

I see fish face, 'the Diva', kfc & 'the Rifle' all comming back and BA having a come to Jesus meeting - which will keep everything all wonderful until the first time the Titan O faces a 34D

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think Fish is gone whether we go 6-10 or 8-8. But if he were to stay I think we draft a QB sometime in the first 2 rounds and pick up a decent vet to hold down the fort while the rookie develops. I think Collins retires. And no way Vince is on this roster if Fisher is here.

6. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

If I recall, this is the last year for Collins, his contract is up.

7. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

The line up will go as follows: KC, Brett Favre, then Rusty. Favre is done but you know how fish loves is ancient qbs!!:grrhee:

8. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

You guys are far more optimistic about a coaching change than I am. Don't you think the potential lockout will make old Bud less inclined to ink a new coach to a (presumably) big new contract?

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Just tossing out names here. I personally think Vince will be back in 2011, but these are the guys who could potentially be available and might be worth a shot:

Donovan McNabb
    Kevin Kolb
    Carson Palmer
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Matt Moore
    Alex Smith
    Kyle Orton
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Chad Henne
    Drew Stanton
    Matt Flynn
    (I probably missed an obvious one, so feel free to add to this)

Certainly nothing too amazing there. I think the Titans would be better off doing whatever is necessary to draft Mallett or even Locker. I don't think Luck is a possibility at all.

But, again, I think Vince will be back. Doesn't mean I will like it, but I think it's by far the most likely scenario.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Kerry Collins as the starter and Chris Simms as the backup. Fisher's dream scenario.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar