If Jarvis Jones falls to ten do you take him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by rodgev, Jan 18, 2013.

1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

He has a medical condition which could cause him to slip a little but OLB is arguably our strongest position with Ayers and Brown. Do you take the talent and the risk at your strongest position or do you pass. And if you take him how do you use him with the other 2 we have on the roster?
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Great player who would be playing in the wrong scheme here. I really doubt our staff could find anything creative for him here. Hell, they wasted 20-something games of Ayers' career playing out of position.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Jones is not right for us, been saying that for a while now.

We either need a dominate DT or a dominate interior offensive lineman at 10.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

See... Here's the problem. If I were in charge, I would've fired everyone, hired Lovie as HC and Ryan as DC and switch to a 3-4 defense, drafting Jones if he's available at #10.

But we clearly won't be making any changes like this, so unfortunately we would have to pass. Maybe someone would give up a lot to trade up for him if he fell to 10.
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Even if we switched to a 3-4 I'm not sure that would be the best move. KW and Ayers can play OLB. We might have more of a need for an ILB and some DL help.
  6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I can't agree more. We don't need another project prospect or somebody to develope. We need a starter from day who will have an immediate impact on the line he is on.
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

If Jarvis falls to us I one of two things happening (please correct me if you think I'm wrong)

A. The player we wanted is already gone and we try to get the next best player at that position

B. Quarterbacks get taken earlier than expected and we trade down knowing the player we want will still be available later on.
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I love Jarvis Jones, he would make an immediate impact (he's not a project) and could be one of the best pass rushers in the NFL but like everyone else has said he doesn't really fit. Unless we move Ayers to DE but I don't really see that as an option. Would be interesting if we did have this scenario. I'm still hoping for Star or Warmack.
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'd take him. Switch to 3-4. Ayers/Jones on the outside, Brown/McCarthy in the middle.
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pass. We're not switching to a 3-4. Don't want him. OL and DT are much bigger needs.