"If" one of the top 3 QBs fell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 7, 2014.

?

Would the Titans draft one of the top 3 QBs if they fell to #11?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

What would the Titans front office do if Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel fell to #11. I'm not asking what you would want them to do (at least for the poll, feel free to discuss that in the comments), but what they would actually do.
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Do not like the Yes/No options. I would say yes to Bridgewater, no to Manziel and maybe to Bortles.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

I'd be banging my head on the table over that decision. I love Locker, I'm only worried about his durability.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

With teams finding quality guys like Wilson, Kapernick and Foles in later rounds, it would be stupid for the Titans to take one that high if they're serious about giving Locker another chance.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

What Hammer said.

I'll assume that the one to fall won't be Bridgewater, because at the end of the day he's the most complete QB prospect. He might be the most boring right now given Manziel's flash and Bortles being the new toy among the QBs, but Teddy doesn't fall to 11 and he's the only one I'd bang the table to draft.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Bortles is the only one I would be ok with personally if he fell. I said from the get go that I dont buy into Bridgewater and have so many questions about Manziel. I do however think that the Titans would take 2 of those 3 if they fell. I hate that, because I am a Locker guy myself and want him to have another chance to stay healthy and produce. This would be his third season to start, lets see what he has.
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

If one of those 3 fall to us we would draft them no questions asked. I do doubt Manziel because I fear his game might not translate but I think our FO would take the gamble and hope that his drafting reinvigorates the fans and puts butts in the seats. If Manziel totally flops we still have Locker on the bench to potentially save the day. In the end we'd be stuck with a wasted #11 pick but Manziel would do much less harm to the team than VY since he will be signed for a shorter deal and for much less money.
  8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

That situation could prompt some team to give up ludicrous amount to trade up to our spot as well. Its far from a no questions asked type of deal. Draft one of those guys, start them, they suck, Locker comes and plays lights out for half a season, now you got two first round qbs to answer questions about. Its a recipe for a mess if you ask me.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Very good point. I totally overlooked that possibility. It would be a dream come true. This team needs picks and impact players at many positions to spend them on.
  10. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Bridgewater YES,Bortles YES,Manziel NO
    • High Five High Five x 2