Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

If the 1st pick is not Vince Young...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 3, 2006.

?

How would you feel if Vince Young does not become a Titan?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2006.
I don't think I'd care. 8 vote(s) 25.0%
I'd be glad. 8 vote(s) 25.0%
I would be dissapointed. 14 vote(s) 43.8%
I would hate it. 2 vote(s) 6.3%
I'd win/lose a bet. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'd be scared. 2 vote(s) 6.3%
I'd be hopeful. 4 vote(s) 12.5%
I'd review my life insurance policy. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'd become a Texans fan. 1 vote(s) 3.1%
I'd be mad that they didn't pick the other other guy. 2 vote(s) 6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    This poll is public and multiple answers are allowed.
  2. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    is it possible that you'd (BP) select all of 'em ?
  4. sdavis2k Guest

I don't know about Young, i honestly think he'll either be another McNair or another Vick, but he could suprises me and be something unique.

Young likes to run, alot natrually. Rookie/developing QBs end up scrambling around alot anyways ( look at Farve first few years in Green Bay). I think Young will either settle down and not run too much/too often and just rollout, scramble, or fake the run to make a pass play (McNair) or he'll end up running too much and not really throwing the ball often or well (Vick, and look at his TD to Int ratio most years). I will admit I think Vicks problem is he's a leftie and Crumpler is his best receiver.

Either way Young would be a youthful energetic athletic QB with playmaking ability into the picture for any team he plays for.
  5. wg53 Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Our best bet is to trade down. And not just one time. In order to get this team back to where we were we need talent. This strategy worked wonders for us before (Bruce Matthews). If we could trade down to 6 or 7 with SF or Oakland and then down to the 13-16 range again we could net 1 or 2 more 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders. With these picks we could get Greenway, Simpson/Bing, Mangold/Spencer, Howard/Carpenter and Omar Jacobs.
  6. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Is jumping of a bridge an option? If we dont draft Brick, Trade, Vince, or Cutler, I will lose my mind and jump of a bridge
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    lke when they draft AJ Hawk - is it jump time ?
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    I'd review my life insurance policy.:winker:
  9. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    I would definately be pissed but I would get over nothing like jumpin off a bridge
  10. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    i've almost got to prepare for the option of our pick NOT being Vince

he's not really a Floyd guy
    nor a Jeff guy
    and apparently not a Chow guy

he's kind of a Randle El / Hines Ward type guy or even a Matt Jones type
    meaning you know he can do some things well, but how is he gonna be running your offense
    you gotta wonder if he's always going to be a QB at the NFL level (assuming he's struglling at QB at some point)
    he certainly could play other positions if he so desired

he just kinda has that "SuperMan" aura
    you just don't wanna pass on SuperMan

but if Matt / Jay were to come in here
    grasp the offense like a Chow protege' and a Vandy alumn should and one of them happens to shorten the waiting curve, and LOW AND BEHOLD the offense clicks like a fine Swiss timepiece we'll forget about Vince pretty quick

it's 3 years down the road when he's commanding an NFL offense like T, and he's the next Mike Vick completing 70% of his passes - that's when I'll be pissed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.