If VY Not Healthy, Does/Should He Start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by teegee, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teegee

teegee Guest

We all know that if Vince Young is healthy, he will start the WC game against the Chargers.

However, if he is hobbled to the point where he can't really move around and is forced to simply be a pocket passer, would it be better to go with Collins?
    After all, Collins does have postseason experience (3-3 in his career with a 5-TD game and a 4-TD game in the playoffs) and is still the better pure passer. Or would it be better to stick with the young QB who everyone says is the team's leader?

Two other questions...will Fisher have a short leash on Young (if injured) or Collins if they do start the game but play poorly early?

Will Fisher and Chow open up the offense? Last night Fisher clearly was playing to kill the clock and kick FGs once the Titans got the early lead. He likely won't be able to do that against a Chargers team that can be quite explosive on offense.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Vince needs to start, even if he is hurt a little. He needs to play.

Might I add--Vince has never lost to the same team twice in a row.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think vince has been hobbled for a couple months now and he's still been starting and our team is in the playoffs with him as our starter. I think we would rather get vince some playoff experience then going with collins' playoff experience.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It will take a lot to keep Young out of this game. But expect Fisher to put some doubt in the Chargers' head about whether it'll be him or Collins next Sunday.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What about Lendale White? Will he play?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At this point, everyone plays. Fisher will update things in his press conference around 2:30 but I would expect typical Fisher-speak which is "we're going to back down Albert and Vince, etc. but we're confident both can go Sunday".

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

If Vince can't go,i still like are chances with KC if we can keep him upright.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If Vince can move, then he will play. But you saw the last play he was in there, he jumped to avoid pain, and it was impossible for him to go. So I want to wait and see how this heals. It did not look good to me. He tried to go on it and it got worse last night, not better. If the season is any indication, he will need a week off. But this is the playoffs. He may give it a go.

As far as Collins, he's proven he can get the job done this year, and he's a superbowl qb, who has played at the highest level in the NFL championship. Not even just a good level, but a oe Montana level. He's throwing a nice ball now. He's not getting picked. He's looking really comfortable out there. But I'm not sold he's going to get it done in the red zone unless Chow let's him throw on 1st and 2nd down instead of 3rd and 7. That said, he's probably the best backup qb in the leaue right now. I say that with some hesitation, because he was 0-3 last year and it was an ugly 0-3. I mean it was really ugly. He looks much more comfotable this year and I think he can get you the 17-20 points needed to win a game. The Chargers are agressive tho, and it seems Collins is better when he has time, and is not rushed. Which is why I like Vince this week because he can move out of harms way. If Collins is in there next week I'd expect at least one sack and fumble and those are dangerous.

9. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I would play him if he could go at all for two reasons.

First, he clearly gives us better chance to win.

Second, and maybe more importanly, Vince is our QB of the future, and playoff experience is very important. We honeslty don't have a very good shot at a ring this year, so getting our QB of the future experience would be more worthwhile even if it was determined that KFC would give us a slightly better chance with VY's injury.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Vince will play. He's not even hurt. He's just like "pops". He's perfectly fine until being embarrassed, and then he gets a phantom injury and goes to the sidelines.
    I think Mac taught him a bit too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar