Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MrPickSix, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well this could mean one of two things...

The Titans have firm plans to draft a CB in the top 33 picks to start alongside Mccourty and plan on bumping Cox and Mccain down to nickel and dime roles. Behind them maybe the Titans are happy with the competition of Clark, Riggs, etc.

Or...
    An equally likely scenario...

They dont think he's healthy enough to contribute. I mean the Dolphins at 13 were the first team to claim him. That means CB needy teams the Titans, Cowboys, Jags, Ravens, Bucs, Bears and Saints all passed on him. We'll see if he makes the Dolphins 53 man roster but I gotta have faith in JR for now.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think it has a lot more to do with wanting to keep our first dibs for a less risky player down the road.

Not 100% sure how waivers work, but you can't just stay at #1 priority and continue claiming everyone.

If we claimed him, we would no longer have first dibs next time around.

Again, I would say this has absolutely no impact on our draft plans. I just don't understand that logic.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yup, if we move down the list, you gotta keep that waiver for a quality guy who got cut due to cap casualties or something. Need to use it on someone who can be a starter. Those guys will pop up between now and the start of the season.

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I don't think you lose your position until the new rankings come out. Least that's how I've read it, this article below states after week 3 they redo the waiver wire priority list to the standings of the current season. So if we don't use the #1 we could easily be #10+ before week 4 starts.

NFL waiver wire 2015: How it works, what to expect, who is eligible - Cincy Jungle

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Guys this isnt fantasy football. We keep number one the whole offseason no matter how many times we use it. Tampa Bay claimed ten players last year, all from the 1 position.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

NFL waiver system explained - SBNation.com

Don't think of the waiver wire as something that is done in order, like we get called to see if we want this person and then move to the next team if not. When someone is released, they simply look at who put in for that waived player within a 24 hour window and give them to the team with the highest waiver priority. Our #1 spot stays the same the whole off-season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

False. We have first dibs on anyone placed on waivers until week 3.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Damn we should have at least given him a shot....

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My bad... I thought it worked the same way during the season as it did in the offseason.

In that case, I hope we take advantage.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar