Interview: Houston Chronicle's John McClain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Over the next few weeks, goTitans.com will interview a number of the media who cover the Tennessee Titans. Our first interview is with John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.What is your opinion on the recent free agency moves by the Titans and what other positions or players may be considered before the end of free agency?I think General Manager Floyd Reese and General Counsel Steve Underwood, who negotiate the contracts for players coach Jeff Fisher and his assistants want, have done a superb job with the cap room they've had for the first time in years. Getting four starters so far -- veterans with a lot of playoff experience, including two with Super Bowl rings -- has been exciting and rewarding for the Titans and their legion of loyal fans.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001367.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since goTitans.com started in 2000, this might be the most entertaining interview we've had. My thanks to John McClain for taking the time. I have a feeling it'll be sure to spark a few conversations over the next few days.

3. Yvette

Yvette Starter

"I'd just have a player to beat the hell out of him every time he screwed up."

That is one reason why I adore John :winker:

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I hope a lot of Titan fans who have us going to the playoffs this year will read the last Q&A. While we're (understandably) excited about the free agent pick-ups we've made and our #3 pick, this team will need time to gel -- especially with the competition we're playing this year.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:lol:

He's not holding back on Steve either.

Good read Jeff! :winker:

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

bah hooey... sports fandom is about unrealistic expectations, elation, defeat, non sensical homerism, unwarranted smack talk and blind faith.

We're makin' some noise this year.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, so how come I never heard this until now?
    I thought it was simple: Chow played West Coast, and it failed with this team.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's hard to tell, but maybe you don't get out much? :thumb:

The main priority was to keep McNair healthy, they hoped the rest would haved followed then. The first thing failed and the rest never came.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

IF our offense jels right during the offseason, training camp, and preseason, we might see an explosion of it this year...

10. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Great Stuff!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar