1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

iPad, iTablet or whatever it shall be called

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

It's nuts reading all the rumors surrounding today's announcements.

From what I can tell, this looks like it's going to be a bigger version of the iTouch.
  2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i think their calling it iWantyourmoney

there's also suppose to be some big announcement from verizon today also. some think they are introducing the iphone
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ it's speculated that both Verizon and Sprint will get iPhones by the end of the year
    T-Mobile supposedly gets it today

the iSlate / iPad / iTab / iGod is also speculated to be a multi-carrier device
    there's a few "leaked" pics of it ..... it's a 10" iPhone .... just like everyone thinks / hopes it it
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff Member

I wonder if you'll be able to sync it up to your iPhone. :brow:
  5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

the next carrier to get the iphone will be verizon if any. i don't see t-mobile offering the iphone anytime soon
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

What will the new iTablet cost? I heard something on the radio but it was the end of the show, so I missed the details.
  7. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I love when people complain about the cost of Apple products. It's not like it's a commodity.

Complaining or pointing out the fact that Apple products are too expensive is like complaining about the price of a Porsche. It's a high-end product.
  8. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

True, Abe, but recent years have seen Apple create a really expensive high-end product only to render it obsolete before the payments are halfway through. The Macbook Air will be discontinued with the release of the tablet. The first iPhone was $600; the follow-up was $299. The pricing isn't consistent. I love my Mac stuff, but Apple is starting to really annoy the hell out of me with their market behavior.

Who knows, maybe overpricing the introductory prototype is a hedge against another flop like the Apple Cube or the G5 capacitor failures.
  9. mdfan

mdfan Starter Tip Jar Donor

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

iPad ... horrible name
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.