Is Climer's Columns about Bud or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Lord_Drist, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

I just read Climer's column about Bud's action during the game. is this column about what Bud did during the game or about him making Fisher switch QB. It seems that he's taking advantage of the situation to still talk about the switch. Man let it go, the Titans are winning! You know much is made about the record of the teams the team have beaten, but in the standing there are three columns; Wins, Losses and Ties, it doesn't say anything about wins against good teams and wins against bad teams. The schedule was set before the season started and the Titans don't have any control of the record of the teams they play. I never saw anything about the opponents' record during the 10 game winning streak last year. This is another cheap shot toward VY, and it is very sad.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

You lost me.....link to the column?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't particularly like the article myself, but others outside the Titans umbrella may. I agree Lord_Drist, you can't blame us for beating the teams on our schedule good or bad. We won those 3 games fair and square, but we'll never get any credit until we win that Super Bowl.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I agree with most people that say we've beaten bad teams. We have.

Their argument is that we haven't proven anything not that we're idiots for beating them, and I kinda agree. You can tell we've improved by watching the games, and we did beat the Jags after the bye when we lost to them during the losing streak. But realistically, have we shown that we can beat a playoff team? No.

Anyway, if you want a counterpoint, here's the Colt's schedule:

Jags
    Dolphins
    Cardinals
    Seahawks
    Titans
    Rams
    49ers
    Texans
    Pats

The only "good" team they've beaten is the Pats and we all know how close they were to losing that game. Cardinals are ok and everyone else is sub par. Doesn't seem to get too much attention.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Climer sucks.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

climer doesn't have the ability to let things go.

i sent him an email after he wrote a column about pacman's house being forclosed on after he was released for about a year(probably the third week in a row he wrote about pacman). i asked him why he would take the time to write something about a player who is no longer on the team when there are 53 guys who would serve a better purpose.

he basically told me to go :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: off and pacman was a part of the history of the team and he could write about him if he felt compelled to.

he also got pissy when i accidently called him column a blog.

7. amy

amy Starter

"he basically told me to go off and pacman was a part of the history of the team and he could write about him if he felt compelled to. "

EGO is a dirty rotten scoundrel and loves to defend it's actions. Mr. Climer's ego is very big. His judgment is unsound, but his ego tells him it isn't. So on he goes and on we should go. I read his articles and tell myself I could do as well and I don't even know what a wide out does! But that's my ego talking, isn't it! :lol:

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So to summarize, Bud gives the finger (it is ambarrasing but Bud could careless) and Bud demands VY start (and it looks like a good move) and we win 3 games against mediocre teams.

Then Climer simply points out that the team (a SB contender at seasons start) hasn't really proven all that much yet and even if we win out will have a less than 50% chance to make the playoffs.

Yea that really looks worthy of all this discussion.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

49ers aren't a bad team by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar