Is Jeff Fisher a great Football Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Mar 4, 2011.

?

What do you think of Jeff Fisher

Poll closed Mar 14, 2011.
  1. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. He is a good coach

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. He is an average head coach

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. He just plainly sucks and is way overrated

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. I could not care less, I'm just glad he is gone

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

We've never been a powerhouse. We've never been *consistently* dominant. Yes, he moved the team and provided "stability". But we have no other coaches who've been in a similar situation to judge that against so I consider that a moot point. The reality is that coaches are judged on actual success, and Jeff Fisher has a spotty history of that.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

And here I am thinking we'd somehow escape VY and Fisher talk now that they're gone. I understand it's the offseason, but we have draft prospects to talk about! Not some 16-year old relic from our past or a 5-year experiment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

99-03 we were consistently among the top 5 teams in the NFL. I don't know how you define a powerhouse but a couple of those years I think we were the 2nd best team in the league behind the champion.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

he was good at developing players but on the field he was way to safe.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We were the best team in the league in 2000. There's no doubt about it. That's not homerism. That's a fact. We were better than the Ravens, but the best team doesn't always win... and they've stolen a Super Bowl from us... twice.

We were probably the second best team in 1999 and 2003.

So sad that we haven't been able to win the big game with 4 teams that were clearly capable of doing so.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

There's threads for both, click on the ones you're interested in.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

No Rings = Not Great

8. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

Fisher sucked as a coach PERIOD! I can't think of one season I would consider great. One year he went to the superbowl off of a play that was called THE MUSIC CITY "MIRACLE." Another season he started 10-0 only to finish 3-4 for the season. There is nothing great about those two seasons and it's probably the best two he had.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I voted good...I was not happy with how he handled the VY situation, and agreed he needed to go, but my opinion of him goes back further than last year, or since 2006.

He was not great here, but far from sucked IMO.

10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Average coach. The only thing that makes him not go lower in my opinion is his very good knowledge of the rules and his marketing skills. Man can spin crap into gold through the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar