Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Is Locker good as gone ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Jan 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 15 users.
  1. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $1,059
    Was he ever really here?
  2. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $310

Hey, I'm all for taking the big gamble. If the staff thinks Bridgewater or whoever is the truth, pull a washington and trade whatever it takes.

In the meantime, guys like Murray are scratch off lotto tickets. You may get nothing. You may get a nice cheap long term backup. You may get Tom Brady. You never know.
  3. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $310

Seems to me a coach would be willing to use the pick on another need, and get a QB next year if need be.

I mean, its not like there aren't plenty of other needs here. And its not likely that one of the stud QB's will be there at eleven to draft anyway.

I like Murray in the third, as I've mentioned. But there is Boyd, or the Alabama Kid. plenty of mid round options to try.
  4. LosingBy3 Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,819
    I think we should maybe try to go all the way with a QB draft pick, but if we don't, I think AJ McCarron is a nice, safe bet at QB.
  5. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,669
    Lol at what round?
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,725
    I think all options are on the table for the new HC....will be interesting to see once we find out who we get.
  6. Renfro95 Starter

Moolah:
    $1,103
    Didnt I hear Webster say he is a fan of Locker and wanted to give him a chance? Something along the lines of building around what we have here? Not opposed at all to Locker. I think given the right system and a string of health, Jake can be special. Honestly think he would excel with Bevell, Kubiak, or Shanahans system would be a fit. (Not suggesting shanahan, just a similar offensive system.)
    titan520 high fives this.
  7. SocalTitansFan Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $170
    I think a new coach will wait and see. We won't pick up the expensive option for year 5 on Jake, but he will have an opportunity to play in to a new contract next year. He'll have to play well and stay healthy though, the latter of which has not happened so far.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,482
    Pointless to talk about what we are going to do until we get the new guy in.
    Laserjock high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,725
    I have to believe a new HC, and whatever staff he puts in place, is going to pick up a QB either in the draft or in FA or something. I would not go into the 2014 season banking that Locker was going to be the guy without options. I know RW said that they want a HC who they can agree with on a plan and identity, but if the HC has zero chance to establish some of what they feel they need they wont get anyone worth a crap.

But I kind of interpret Ruston's remarks on that as meaning they wont be bringing in another Chip Kelley or some other offense with gimmicks and stuff.
    Scarecrow high fives this.