Is Locker good as gone ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tim, Jan 4, 2014.

1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Was he ever really here?
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Hey, I'm all for taking the big gamble. If the staff thinks Bridgewater or whoever is the truth, pull a washington and trade whatever it takes.

In the meantime, guys like Murray are scratch off lotto tickets. You may get nothing. You may get a nice cheap long term backup. You may get Tom Brady. You never know.
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Seems to me a coach would be willing to use the pick on another need, and get a QB next year if need be.

I mean, its not like there aren't plenty of other needs here. And its not likely that one of the stud QB's will be there at eleven to draft anyway.

I like Murray in the third, as I've mentioned. But there is Boyd, or the Alabama Kid. plenty of mid round options to try.
  4. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I think we should maybe try to go all the way with a QB draft pick, but if we don't, I think AJ McCarron is a nice, safe bet at QB.
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Lol at what round?
  6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think all options are on the table for the new HC....will be interesting to see once we find out who we get.
  7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Didnt I hear Webster say he is a fan of Locker and wanted to give him a chance? Something along the lines of building around what we have here? Not opposed at all to Locker. I think given the right system and a string of health, Jake can be special. Honestly think he would excel with Bevell, Kubiak, or Shanahans system would be a fit. (Not suggesting shanahan, just a similar offensive system.)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. SocalTitansFan

SocalTitansFan Starter

I think a new coach will wait and see. We won't pick up the expensive option for year 5 on Jake, but he will have an opportunity to play in to a new contract next year. He'll have to play well and stay healthy though, the latter of which has not happened so far.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Pointless to talk about what we are going to do until we get the new guy in.
  10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have to believe a new HC, and whatever staff he puts in place, is going to pick up a QB either in the draft or in FA or something. I would not go into the 2014 season banking that Locker was going to be the guy without options. I know RW said that they want a HC who they can agree with on a plan and identity, but if the HC has zero chance to establish some of what they feel they need they wont get anyone worth a crap.

But I kind of interpret Ruston's remarks on that as meaning they wont be bringing in another Chip Kelley or some other offense with gimmicks and stuff.