Jairius Byrd Wants Out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 5, 2013.

?
  1. Not Interested

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. 1st Rounder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Max - 2nd Rounder

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Max - 3rd Rounder

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Dudes got plantar fasciitis

Gonna be a hard sell. Bill will want more than anyone is willing to bet, plus you're talking signing a guy instantly to a huge extension.

On the flip side, top 5 safety. But griff and a second I would do in a heartbeat.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im curious to see Griff out there under the new Williams influenced defense.

Griffin is bigger stronger and faster than Byrd FWIW (not that I like him)

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

As much as we would all love to see it happen I do not see our FO trading Griff for Byrd :suspect:

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Bigger/faster....

Byrd is ....BETTER... Tho.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Definitely, but I was just laying the facts out, Byrd plays faster than he is, and Griffin holds back. But if Griffin wanted to, he could be better than Byrd is right now.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I know I started this thread, but I too don't really see it happening.

Thing is though, when we had an elite DT in Big Al combined with KVB @ end and the rest of that versatile DL we had (Jason Jones, Big Tony, etc...), Griff was an elite S (in fact all our DBs played really well).

I'm thinking if Casey can be something close to Big Al and Morgan is better than KVB for sure (also Hill/RP/KW/Martin/Klug/Lavar/Ayers are even better players than those we had in Big Al's days), then maybe Grif (and the rest of the back-end) can return to form - all as part of Greg's new aggressive scheme. To be honest, that's what I'm really hoping for and that's what we've all been preaching.

Although, saying all that, I still really think we should try to restructure Grif's deal. He's just not worth that kind of money, especially when we have SO many young players we still need to pay on both O and D (assuming they pan out - Jake, Britt, eventually Wright will all need new contracts, Stewy and Roos will need to be extended for 2-3 years if they keep playing well, and on D we have Casey, Morgan, Ayers, Brown, ATV, Martin, Klug, and so forth all on their rookie deals. I'm actually a bit worried bout this TBH...)

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

No I dont think so....

Like I said in the post just above, Grif was really only good when we had an All-Pro in Big Al tearing ish upfront (along with a solid group at DL position in general).

Also, as you know, and as we've seen again with Tommie this year, physical traits alone don't determine anything. Things like football IQ, experience, and talent are more important in how well a player does (you can also add scheme there too).

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, having playmakers on the DL change a secondary. Hopefully we'll be able to get pressure with Ayers, ZB, & Morgan. I also see a big breakout year for Jurrell Casey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar