Jake Locker is Retiring

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

But he's definitely retired and was a lousy first round pick.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Closer than we are. You CAN win it all with a game manager if you have all the right pieces. Let it go Scarecrow. History says those that didn't like the pick then and now were correct. There really is no debate on this issue.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Of course there can be debate, it isn't a black and white issue.

4. Riverman

And what was the pre-draft "buzz" after another year was added to his body of work for pundits to analyze? Right, after a 33% increase in available data to review and analyze, his pre-draft rankings dropped significantly. And comments regarding inaccuracy and durability increased in publications.

People need to wake up and recognize "likability" doesn't equal "viability" in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

All I'm saying is that it's a bit ridiculous asking a pro athlete, that did try, to apologize and living in the past.

Hate the pick then, now whatever, all you want but it doesn't matter.

6. Riverman

Of course there can be debate. But if you suggest that "looking back" is erroneous when history has proven a person's opinion at that time as correct, then you are in error.

7. Riverman

Hang on- if you are referencing my post whereby I stated I wanted a "f*cking apology" then let me clarify. I don't REALLY expect an apology from Jake. It was an explicative venting my frustration that people will excuse his poor play and our poor choice of him as a pick, simply because he is a hard working nice guy.

And it does matter. I don't want the franchise to make that sort of mistake again.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

There is an insane amount of disdain for a guy who gave it his all and failed I'd all I'm saying.

Honest question, if locker played for Seattle instead of Wilson, how do you think that would work out?

I blame the insane amount of failed picks before locker for this franchise being the way it is. Just look, Griffin is our most senior drafted player. We have to do better at every phase of the off season, not crucify a guy who had little chance.

9. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

He would have if RW would have still been at Seattle, boy they sure improved when he departed.

10. Riverman

The disdain comes with the part of being a professional and being paid a lot of money. The expectation of delivering results is part of the job. Being likable doesn't excuse that.

Honest answer- I don't think with a better line, better coaching and a better defense would improve his accuracy or his durability. It would be speculation only for me to think that he would/could have been a better. And I'm not willing to engage in speculation to rationalize his poor performance simply because he is a nice guy.

We paid a lot of money. He didn't deliver. Same as with Vince Young. Picking them both, especially consecutively, has hurt the franchise.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar