Jake Locker to this point... (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I want this to be an on going discussion about locker's performance this season and what is right and wrong about it. The numbers will be amended with each game.

We are obviously 1-1

Locker's passing rating is 84.8 very respectable considering we just played 2 of the best defenses in the league on the road. Before the season started 90% of you would have taken 1-1 with that rating.

No turnovers! No ints or lost fumbles. This is key because with our running game and defense we will be in every game if Jake does not turn the ball over.

Comp % 56%. We are looking for 60% for a top 10 type Qb. Locker has never been super accurate but he would be closer to that 60% had he made a good throw to Britt and completed that drive.

Yards per attempt-5.5. This is the most telling stat because Jake has the big arm and the ability to get the ball down field. He just doesn't have the time for guys to get open deep. A lot of this is also on Kenny Britt who is supposed to be our big play guy. Let's see if this number jumps up over the next 2 games.

Running. Jake got us one first down with his legs bt he has not used his legs to much advantage this year so far. Perhaps there will be more opportunities to run next week.

On balance i would give Jake a C+ grade. He gave us a chance to win 2 games but didn't do what was needed to win the game yesterday. His numbers hardly are worth crying about.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would appreciate some analysis beyond we lost the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. The numbers suggest that Jake has not played terrible.

If you want a player comparison look at Donovan Mcnabb who was never a super accurate passer but took care of the football. Mcnabb had 7 seasons where he didn't complete 60% of his passes but he always had 2 Tds for every int and used his legs to help his team.

Mcnabb's passing rating his first 2 seasons was 74 it was 85 his third season.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I suggest you begin watching games rather than just looking at numbers.

That'll help you a lot in this one.

With that said- prepare to be laughed at.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It seems we/the Titans have been here before. Locker is being put into the same situations as McNair was at the beginning of his career. Run, run, 3rd and 7 pass attempt. I don't know if Locker is a NFL qb or not, at this point none of us do because of the way the game is being called. Is it loggains, is it Munch? Yes I get we are a run first team but perhaps a pass attempt on first down instead of CJ up the middle repeatedly might surprise the other d just as a change of pace of course.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

The problem the staff doesn't trust jake. On the 99 yard drive they actually threw the ball down field and good things happened.

Locker has his issues but he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

McNabb arguably had the worst receiving group a QB ever had over the course of his career. Look at the year McNabb had the one year he actually had a receiver.

If you look at my posts, I'm a Locker supporter and feel like we can't decide if he's the man for the job until we give him the green light, but for now, let's not insult McNabb by putting him and Locker in the same sentence.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So as usual no analysis at all. The same poster who said that Patrick Peterson and Earl Thomas were not worth drafting.

Disagree with me using real analysis.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnabb was a pro bowl player from his first start? Where was he at in his first 20 starts? Mcnabb completed 49% of his passes as rookie.

Mcnabb's first 2 seasons..

22 starts

13-9 record

436-785 4313 yards

56%

28 TD

20 ints

passing rating 73

This last game was Locker's 13th start.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is a small sample size. I'll comment in 2 weeks or so.

So far, I'm happy with no mistakes. If he keeps that up and we compete on defense, we'll be fine.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

im glad your happy with no mistakes but at the same time he really hasn't done anything in the game!!! played well on the 99 yard drive and then we shut him down, why?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar