Jared Allen retiring

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

136 career sacks makes him ninth on the all-time sack list

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm the only one that said yes? Well ok then.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

nope. Great player, though. If every good to great player makes the HOF, the hall is going to be very crowded after awhile.

Of course sack numbers and passing stats are going to go up. It is a league that encourages passing (therefore more sacks.) This is the age of the dollar sign, which means the age of the QB. 3 yards and a cloud of dust is too boring for this instant gratification generation.

Allen is one of the top-tier DEs of the past decade, but could he hold Reggie White's jockstrap? I don't think so.

4. JCBRAVE

I said yes too

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4x All-Pro. Led the league in sacks twice. Was one of the best three or four at his position for about a decade. That's HOF-worthy to me. Not first ballot, but I'd let him in.

6. JCBRAVE

the twitterverse likes Allen more than GoTitans apparently

7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Its really clsoe. I'd say he gets in.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Always seemed pretty average to me.. had a couple good years, the rest, adequate..

never blew me away but whatever

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Guy is top 15 on the all time sack list (9)... all the other eligible players are in except for Leslie O'Neal. Thinking about it now I think he definitely gets in. Not a first ballot player though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Don't remember the source but still remember hearing a few years back in a interview with Allen that one of his friends joked that Fisher and the Titans were drafting him while he was waiting to be picked and then the Chiefs did of course :facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar