Jared Cook worth $10.5M?!?! What!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 21, 2013.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I think KW is an even more ideal target for Locker. A guy who is quick and aware enough to adjust to the ball while it is in the air.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

I rewatched our game again the patriots last night with coaches film. Locker was pretty good in the beginning if that game. Had some good balls thrown over the middle.
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Cook does not play the majority of his snaps as a WR.

Correction: he lined up at the slot 56% of the time last season. I guess that means he should get 56% of the WR franchise tag which is $5.9 mil (less than the $6.06 he'd get with the TE tag). ;) Fact is, the TE position has been redefined the past few seasons. Some common sense needs to be applied here.
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

According to PFF 57% of his snaps where he was the target he lined up in the slot. When we ran it was Thompson and Stevens at TE.

I don't know what the actual percentage is but if he doesn't spend a majority of his snaps at WR then its damn close to 50-50
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He's listed at 236.
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

well if 'la vagician' is worth $7m Im sure Cook is worth north of $10m.

Webster probably already has a truck full of money just waiting too throw at his underperforming arse
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I keep getting the idea Cook doesn't want to be here.

The worst thing is that I honestly feel his bad play can be attributed to both inconsistency and poor play, as well as bad play design and usage - just not a good situation to be in. But, he's definitely not worth 10M...

I want to keep him and at the TE tag price, would be more than happy for it too. I want to give him a chance with Lock and an improved offense before letting him leave. But, I need him to do his part as well.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

10. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this just has mistake written all over it no matter what the position ruling is. he's really not worth $6mil and he's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really not worth $10mil