Jason Babin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how about just sitting Tulloch on nickle/dime packages

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That would work, but he's our smartest LB. McRath can't do it, and you need two LB's in most nickle packages. Witherspoon and who else could be in?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

certainly NOT Witherspoon, lucked into a couple of INTs last season but he should be cut immediatly

Lets face it the LBs position is FUBAR no doubt about it.

4. RetiredRookie

RetiredRookie Camp Fodder

Pro Football Focus did an interview with Jason Babin --- link

5. JCBRAVE

Love the Q & A articles, great reads even on guys I suggest we release. Loved reading how Babin does the whole "Rocky in Russia" types of workouts, those are by far the most fun ways to train. Too bad his style of play doesn't fit what I suspect we'll do this coming season, because he seems like a really fun guy to have around.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't see him coming back.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No way in hell Babin comes back asking top dollar. I appreciate the fun side of the guy. The team needed that after losing KVB. Now if could have only stayed on the right side of the LoS until the ball was hiked.

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

its rumored babin wants to go to philly to reuinte with washburn or lions (swartz to steal another former titan) ... good riddence if so, 1 good year out of 6 and he wants a fat contract now ... talk about playing your heart out in a franchise year of his contract ... i like him but i have a bad feeling he will turn into hayneworth 2.0 and slack off once he cash's in

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't think our LB's were bad against the run. In passing plays I think them being put in unfavorable positions had a lot to do with their lack of success last year. No way should LB's be trying to cover elite TE's alone in this league.

As far as Babin goes, I don't know how well he'll fit into our new system. I'd sign him for a 1 year deal. We'll get some depth and production at DE and be able to draft someone or pick up someone next year who's a better fit.

10. JCBRAVE

I don't think he'd get lazy how Haynesworth did. Babin is a high energy guy always looking for something to keep busy with. I think he has ADHD or something, because he's out hunting bears and stuff. Normal people just don't go out hunting the biggest predators on the continent. That's cool he does things like that, but he will NOT IMO become like Fat Al. He's grateful for what 2010 did for him, and is smart to shoot for top dollar. You wouldn't want every penny you could get if you had the chance to get PAID....? He's past the point where he's not sure if he'll be playing, he's going to start somewhere. He'll never get this same chance again I don't think. So I'm betting he'll do everything he can to make the most of this. He just seems like that type of person to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar