Jaws thinks Mariota is going #1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Aqutis30, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I watched NFLN tonight there was a program that highlighted likely top picks. Winston was definitely flabby and acted like 14 year old during his clip. I could see Tampa passing on him. I was left feeling uncomfortable with the prospect we might end up with him. Hope that clip was a while ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

no were not, were not taking him

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

27 is better than 6. :bored:

I am perplexed by Winston. He throws a good ball, he's quick to react and release but I'm having a hard time getting past his flabbiness. A fit body means somebody who has put the work in. The more I look into Winston, the more I'm seeing a kid who has excelled off of talent and being in the right system to develop him at FSU. I'm NOT seeing any characteristics that suggest this kid is likely to mature into a elite NFL QB.

During that NFLN clip he was trying to face time his gf and kept repeating something about her cheating on him b/c she didn't pick up right away. His speech and mannerisms were very immature- hell I kept wait for him to start speaking about himself in 3rd person. He wasn't VY bad, but honestly the only good thing I saw in that clip was that he does throw a good ball and his release was quick despite that baseball mini-windup move he has.

I was left unsure if he could hold up to the physical, emotional and work ethic demands required of a "franchise" NFL QB. I'm afraid this might be what other folks are seeing in him now.

Trading the pick outright is my number one choice.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I watched that same show, was cracking me up when he said "she must be cheating on me". She probably got pissed at him for saying that haha

It's amazing how different Mariota and Winston are, picked this up just from watching chuckies QB camp

Winston: energetic, does't stop talking, vocal leader, questionable decision making at times, loves the game
    Mariota: quiet, laid back, barely talks, leads in a different way, loves the game

Personality wise, they are polar opposites. They asked Mariota why he should be the #1 pick and he said "that's up to you" and truly didn't care. Winston was asked and he said "because i'm the best player in the draft". There's a thin line between confidence and cockiness, but I took that as confidence.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I could care less about his "flabbiness" I mean how many qb have great bodies. Brady was softer than ice cream even as a bean pole coming out. Big Ben is pudgy as hell. As long as he isn't Jared Lorenzen I hardly get worried about that. He was a two sport athlete in college.

Now his demeanor is another topic. That does worry me.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Fry

I can't speak about his maturity. I don't know the kid. But as far as his flabbiness is concerned, he got on to campus at about 180 lbs. He was a string bean. Fast forward 15 months and he's 230 without being fat. He put the work in.

He also had a pretty significant ankle injury midway through the season that didn't allow him to train throughout the week. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is still currently a little out of shape because he's been working on the draft process instead of actual football work.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Who the **** is John Alstott?

9. Fry

Only one of my favorite players as a kid.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea A-Train

MIKE Alstott.

Still one of my favorite players today. Sad to see they the way fullback has gone.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar