Jeff Fisher on PTI...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Jeff Fisher was on PTI today. Here's the recap:

1) On Michael Vick: Long way of saying "no comment"
    2) On Why the Titans Haven't Cut Pacman: Long way of saying "no comment"
    3) On Vince Young's Struggles Against the Patriots: Said he was kind of happy that the Patriots blitzed him, because it gave him a taste of the regular season
    4) On if Vince's expectations are too high: Said that he expects Vince to have a good season, and has worked extremely hard to improve in the offseason.
    5) On the Vince suspension: Said that it was a minor rule, and that he would have suspended anyone that did it.
    6) On the momentum from last year: Said that momentum from the previous season does not carry over to training camp and the season opener, but gives everyone more enthusiasm to improve for the next season. Also said that last year's finish is giving the team more motivation for the upcoming season.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Is it just me or does that just mean that "yes the momentum does carry over" ?

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Somewhat.

I guess? :suspect:

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

With regards to Pac Man it, it sounded more like a long way of saying he wouldnt be a player here anymore. Without actually coming out and saying he wouldnt be a player here anymore.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fisherspeak...

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He didn't seem to want to quite close the door on that one, just yet.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

No, he wasnt definitive about it, but after hearing that it doesnt really make me optimistic that Pac is going to be back.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

But it wasn't anything new. We've been hearing the whole "we've moved on" thing for months. I think that the fact that we haven't cut him yet is very indicative.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Arent there financial reasons for not cutting him though? And yes, we have been hearing that for months. But on a national stage to come out as strongly as he did about the whole "moving on" thing I think is telling. He could have easily brushed the question aside and given a generic answer like they are 'just going to see what happens' , or something along those lines.

10. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

He said he was glad the patriots blitzed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar