Jets Extend Sanchez??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 10, 2012.

?
  1. No way

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Yup

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Need to see more...

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I dont know about you guys, but i can't believe what teams are doing right now.First DC, now this.

I don't know, but i havn't seen nearly enough good outa Sanchez to give him that deal.

He's gonna have a tough time matching Eli in the battle out East. Rex better fix that D or he's gonna be h*lla mad and emotional on the sidelines.

People hate on Munch (especially earlier on) for bein too 'chill', but its funny how in comparison to Rex, they are indeed polar opposites. I'd choose Mike's attitude and demeanor over Rexs' anyday.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't care what the Jets do. They can extend a mediocre, lucky to be in the NFL quarterback as long as they want. Just means they will be that handicapped on offense for that much longer.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's a bottom 10 QB being paid top 10 QB money.

Dumbest contract I've ever seen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. gran54

gran54 Starter

This was such an idiotic move. Saying I'm sorry to a guy with a $40 million contract extension. No need to say sorry, make him show you that he is worth that big contract instead of saying you're sorry for potentially thinking about acquiring Peyton Manning. A big check wasted.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think it's an "Oops! We're sorry we were caught trying to cheat on you with Peyton. We clearly wanted him over you. What team wouldn't? Everyone's doing it.

Tannenbaum just did it. He just did it, and he's ready to do it again.

But hey, tell you what: Here's an apology contract extension for you. Call it a standard of living increase. Go out and buy yourself something nice. Make yourself look pretty or something.

...and then Fugghedaboudit! Oh!!"

I really think since Manning and Brady signed their last contracts at 18 to almost 20 per or whatever, 10-12 is gonna be ordinary. More money goes to vets under the new CBA now. And didn't VY make that much a couple of times? So, ok. A little context.

This is the way it's going to be moving forward. Does anybody yet realize we got Hasselbeck at a relative steal?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh yeah, and this is basically a 2-year deal. So it's not a long-term commitment.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Didn't LT accuse him of being babied? The Jets F.O. says they just DGAF about their reputation.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I like it, of course I hate the j-e-t-s and their obnixious fans

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I too, am dumbfounded by whats going on. The Redskins trade is just plain dumb IMO. The Colts have lost it as well.

Sanchez is a horrific QB, however I thought I read somewhere that if they didn't extend it to 3 years then his previous contract would cost them more, he had 2 year guaranteed money. I don't care enough to find the article.

Lets keep our wits about us this offseason and we'll be up there next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Big market teams, make big mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar