Joey Bosa

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He is getting paid fair to his draft slot. The issue is he wants all his signing bonus now, Bosa still rejected the latest offer which gives him more now than originally offered.
    Offset language is the other issue. Seems like a stupid thing to argue over, the "what if I'm cut before my rookie deal is up" argument.
    Imo that's where it gets stupid, too many guarantees for if they fail, they still want the $.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LT and Wiley are both former Chargers, theyre on the Bolts side, but they are both open that this is just how SD is...

Unfortunately for Bosa SD wont admit theyre wrong here, so he'll have to get out there or risk losing out on the $17M SD owes him.

Im on Bosa's side, but at this point hes gonna be out more than what SD wants to put off paying him...

Get to camp kid.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No he just wants his guaranteed money NOW or he wants no offset language. Both are issues where San Diego wants to control what is not theirs. If they decide to cut Bosa, what happens economically to Bosa after THEY cut him is no longer ANY of their business. If they want something from his post San Diego deal, then they should TRADE him.

Look at it this way- If you're fired from your job and you get hired right away, your old boss wants to keep your last paycheck since somebody else hired you. He has not right to do that. That's what is happening when San Diego wants to not have to pay the "guaranteed" money.

It seems to me you're biased against Bosa because he's got millions of dollars coming to him (maybe).

I agree with others who posted, their comes a point where pragmatism over takes principles. Bosa most likely will cave and be an uninspired Sad Diego employee. I'd be surprised if he ever does much for that organization even things are worked out.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

this is why it should be performance based....End of day, I am not getting raises at my job that are guaranteed....I have to earn it.....Go to work, put your pads on, and prove yourself prima donna...Kid is losing my respect. Ya haven't done **** at the pro level and you got drafted too early anyway. He is only hurting himself at this point.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Bingo

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I should get my last pay cheque because I earned it. He is looking for more than his last pay cheque isn't he? Difference is we don't sign contracts. Like JR said, performance based deals are the way to go, shut these whiny babies up. Play the game you will be paid. Play the game well, you will be paid more $ than you me or anyone on this board could earn in 20 lifetimes

When I take a job, I don't have any guarantees I will be in that job for 5 years making millions. When these players don't live up to the contract they still want the $.

#216 Ontario Titan, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The NFLPA will never go for performance based deals on rookie contracts. Ever. Just handing money back to the owners for no reason.

The money is slotted. The money isn't the issue.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No they want to keep the deferred guarantee money if they cut him before next year and he gets signed. That money is his.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe he never wanted to play for SD?

If Bosa didn't want to be a Charger, he should have had his mom say so before the draft.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He looked happy at the draft when they called his name

What happened was his Dad saw the off-set language and told his son how things work

Blame the Dad for educating his son

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar