John Abraham Goes Back to Atlanta

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh. So we're wanting one player more than the other therefore we lost out on a guy apparently felt we could do without?

I guess in a way that makes sense.

But we're probably landing Manning. So that's irrelevant.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

2011 1st round

2008 4th round

2007 6th round

2004 2nd, 2nd, and 4th round

3. Alzarius

My reasoning is that they did not want to waste Abrahams time because they have no clue what PM will want.

It all speculation but I do understand why people (myself included) thinks that chasing PM costs us chances to chase Williams (if we were even wanting him) and Abraham.

I hope we hit on the draft. If we do get a good pass rushing DE, this team will do very well next season. (especially if we get a good WR find as well to replace Brittle if he goes down)

4. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

DT, yes. DE, no.

And I mean obviously the verdict is still out on Morgan but he was a first round player and we've pretty much gotten nil from him in two years.

If we signed a guy like Abraham it would hardly set back our franchise. We have plenty of money to spend and apparently nobody to spend it on. Unless we're just gonna give PM a salary of $30m.

5. Deuce Wayne

2011 - Hated the pick because I thought Morgan was overrated and average. BUT... he's been hurt. That's not a talent evaluation issue.

2008 - Jason Jones has been pretty good.

2007 - 6th round, so blah...But Jacob Ford was very good to be a 6th.

2004 - Laboy and Odom were both good, just never healthy.

6. TenACTyrant

what's the use of being good if you're out of shape and not healthy? wasted picks.

and jason jones is a DT, not a DE. we saw how he played at DE and it wasn't pretty.

7. Deuce Wayne

You can't predict a player's health. Not the organizations fault.

JJones was drafted as a DE.

8. Alzarius

9. TenACTyrant

they couldn't look at antwan odom and tell that he had legit health issues which destroyed his conditioning?

and that second part just backs up my point. we have a very poor history of drafting DEs. we may have drafted JJ as a DE but he only produced as a DT. So, yet another DE draft failure.

10. Deuce Wayne

So if a player contributes well at another position, he's a failure?

Odom's health issues should have been known. Give you that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar