John Adams

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

they certainly were different times
    I think this series illustrates them well

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ah, the good ole days.. If you didn't wanna catch the pox you just scrape some sick dude's pustules and jab yourself with the ooze...
    I think I feel a cold coming on.. where's my leeches?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ that was wild
    but the concept is still used to this day

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Three parts left to show on this 7-part series.

HBO Films - John Adams

Remember Laura Linney in Mystic River? She must love those Bostonian parts.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Just watched the first episode. Think I'll finish the series, seems very well done. Complements to Giamatti.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I highly recommend david mccullogh's book one of the best books ever writen about anything in the last 20 years. His book about the Panama canal is also an epic masterpiece and highly recommended.

7. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

^ Is it about John Adams?

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just finished this short but extraordinary series
    interesting John being the subject
    I wouldn't mind seeing a series for Jefferson, Franklin or Washington

9. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Yes - Just caught the last episode last night. The series was very well done and I hope to see more from HBO films. Kudos to all involved...

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good lord that episode was depressing...I had read the story about Adams and Jefferson both kicking on the 50th Independance Day and that Adams had supposedly uttered "Jefferson survives" unknowing that he had in fact outlived him..
    HBO has had a good run of it on Sunday nights for many years now but this summer they are airing no new seasons of anything other than a few movies. They fired the head of the dept over some major programming mistakes. It will be pretty tough for them to fill the shoes of series . We'll see when Last of the Ninth and True Blood airs later down the road..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar