John Fox on Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...bow-would-be-8216-screwed-821?urn=nfl-wp11923

"So yes, it's true -- Tim Tebow(notes) cannot play in a traditional NFL offense. The solution to that problem for about 100 of 100 other NFL coaches would be to play someone other than Tim Tebow. The solution for John Fox? Blow the whole damn thing up and try something new."

Don't normally like the author of this article, but I am a fan of Fox's honest assessment and the comments above.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have always liked John Fox (used to live in Greenville, SC also). He is showing his "play the hand you are dealt" personality here. He knows that he is stuck with Tebow until either Tebow gets hurt or the fans sour on him, and he wants to win.

Do what you have to do...good job IMO.

3. Oilers81

Oilers81 Camp Fodder

Pretty much, if it works and it's legal, go for it. I don't think his chances of being a long term NFL QB are high, but I guess you never know.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I like watching Tebow at this point, eventually teams will scheme against it and it won't work but for the time being it's cool.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It doesn't matter what your feelings on Tebow are, as a HC you can't throw your starting QB under the bus. We all know Fox and Elway are rooting against the guy but jeez keep it to yourselves.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Revis on Tebow:

Revis later went on to say that the read-option scheme couldn't work in the NFL unless Michael Vick(notes) was the quarterback and Chris Johnson was the running back, leaving us to believe that Darrelle Revis has yet to watch either of those guys play this season.

lol

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Regardless of how you feel about Tebow, most would admit he has serious flaws in the passing game. I think Fox is a freakin genius for putting in this offense and getting TT some success.

They had to play him to keep the fans from rioting so why not play to his strengths? Energizes the fan base and they can see if there is any value to keeping him around next year. Risky yes but pretty damn smart given the circumstances.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. It comes off to me as a backhanded compliment. Yes he can win us games but he can't play QB. Tebow has handled the situation with nothing but class. Fox and Elway should show him more respect because he deserves it.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't know anybody who would tell you that Tebow is a great passer but they knew that well before the season started. They should have stuck with Orton if Tebow is as bad as they think he is.

Yes they are playing to strengths which is a smart thing to do but I still think that Tebow deserves more respect than what Fox and Elway have shown him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A mixed bag for Tebow this year. Comp rate is horrible but he has just 1 int with 7 Tds. As long as he is not turning the ball over his team will be in the game.

He is on a 1000 yard pace for rushing yardage. No small thing.

His passing rating is 81 vs Orton who was 75 with Brandon Lloyd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar