Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Pretty sure I said the same thing after the first game under Munchak.. probably just because no one likes you ;)

2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Well you are piss poor poster right now so you don't gotta wait on that. It looks to me that the Cincy fans wanted to keep Jones. Perspective I guess.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The rage behind your post makes me laugh.

4. World Peace

Not sure where you live but on the flip side.. if UTjr can string together a .500 season, they can OWN the music city bowl for the next few years.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And before that, Double Secret Probation.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is not the affair so much as the Sketchy hiring of the girlfriend. The man is a gutless, weasel slimeball who leaves a path of destruction wherever he goes. He broke Arkansas University rules to get an unqualified person a cushy job with the football program. It turned out that that this person he hired was his girlfriend and he had never disclosed that fact.

The man is a gutless, weasel slimeball who leaves a path of destruction wherever he goes. He took the head coaching job with the Atlanta Falcons and did not even last the year. With three games left he bailed like a theif in the night only leaving a typed note behind. The next day he was being announced as the new Arkansas coach. People warned that given this man's past Arkansas would live to regret hire. They did.

What makes you think it would be any different at UT? After the experience with Lane Kiffin this is the last thing UT needs.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...dinator-calls-bobby-petrino-gutless-a-coward/

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Kiffin wasn't a ho-hum hire. Big Orange LOVED the hire. How'd that work out?

I like Butch a lot more than Dooley when he was hired.

8. World Peace

It's like comparing peas to broccoli in my book. You'll eat them if you have to... but you really don't want to...

Kiffin had the program in the right direction. Desirable recruits were actually showing up to the mountains. Recruits see the shuffling of coaches and think exactly what the fan base thinks... Why should a good recruit waste the next 3-4 years with a coach who may not be the best coach you could possibly have at an SEC school? This is a potentially a multi million dollar decision.

UT needed a Gruden to be relevant again. Butch Davis has had his share of controversies in the past and if he brings that baggage with him.. it could set the program back further and disenfranchise future recruits.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Butch Jones not Davis.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. World Peace

both are nobodies. oh well. have fun losing to vandy & uk. That's almost as bad as the sec tea bagging incident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar