Jordan Babineaux

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

heck even pro ball... i'm pretty sure everyone on this board (except for a couple of posters) are smarter at football than a former QB that never studied film...

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Like when McNabb didn't know you could tie in the NFL?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

or 'the Diva' skipped pratice too run a day care

4. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

You forgot Babin. I swear to God the GMs must read this site. Tulloch and Babin were the only two things we had going for us on D besides Finn and Griffin. Yeah Tulloch had some coverage issues, but even the elite RBs were scared of him. Yeah Babin had the habit of giving up some big runs due to him always going after the QB, but he did go after the QB. Now no name running backs are going up and down like it's nothing, and we can't get pressure on the QB if the game depended it on it. And last sunday the game did depend on it.

I'd kill to have Babin and Tulloch back. It'd be the difference between us being a maybe we'll win this crappy division and get sent home in the wildcard game team, and a "we'll definitely win this crappy division by more than two games and, prob not superbowl, but other playoff teams aren't gonnna be like "Oh sweet, we got the Titans and their average defense".

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agree with almost everything you said. I think we've done a pretty good job so far (minus last game) of getting pressure.

I do think we should've kept Tulloch. I don't know why fans turned on him so quickly after what he'd done here in TN. Fans are fickle. And most can't decipher between ability and scheme. In the past, some players haven't had success because of the scheme, not because they couldn't play the position.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Babin sucks, if you guys honestly think this guy is any good you're the ones only watching highlights. He gets a lot of sacks, but his penalties, and what he calls "run support" hurts his team more than his sacks help them. Look at the Eagles run defense, he sure as hell isn't helping it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Babin isn't that great.

Wouldn't mind having kept Tulloch...he brings it against the run and I don't see Rudd's pass defense being that much of an upgrade where it would offset losing Tully's presence with play recognition (against the run) and physicality.

And the difference between possibly winning the South and winning it handily is Kenny Britt. Not the two average defensive players (they are better than average in some aspects, but overall I'd rate them both average) you claim.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Babs still sucks.

"What does the tape show? The snowball really has rolled downhill, and play-action has been alarmingly effective against this defense. You've got safety Jordan Babineaux leaping forward toward the line every time an opposing QB looks at his RB, as though he might hand it off. I admit Cortland Finnegan is covering better than he did last year, but he isn't tackling appreciably better, and linebacker Will Witherspoon just got hosed on a long Foster receiving score Sunday. Heck, here are the numbers during the past three weeks when opponents have three or more WRs on the field:"

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=hardcount111027

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That link hurt to read. :cry:

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd still take Babs over Hope.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar