Just wondering how you felt about Hawaii.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanGuy, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Oh, I'm a casual fan, just like I have casual interest in the Carolina Panthers (who must DIE when we play them!!). I've never wanted to change my avatar here for any reason at any time. I just threw this up because it was very easy to find and post, and as a congratulatory gesture.
  2. avvie

Oh, and one other thing: I've adopted this place as home...I almost can't remember NC. I hope I can stay here for a good many years. Dunno if that will happen, but in the meantime, I'm embracing it all :))
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

OK avvie , I'm glad you can forget the Tar heels.

But about Hawaii, IF they beat Washington and then win a BCS bowl game, THEN I will give them congrats.
    Until then, they don't deserve any.

Except for Boise, the only team they've beaten with a winning record is 7-4 Fresno. I don't count them beating Division II Charleston Southern, because everyone in Division I (except Michigan) can beat a Division II team. And, I think the Northern side of Charleston is tougher.

They had to go into overtime to barely beat 5-6 Louisiana Tech, and 5-7 San Jose.

They squeaked by 5-6 Nevada by 2 points.

The other 6 teams they beat had a combined record of 10-50. (N. Colorado, UNLV, Idaho, Utah St, N Mexico St.)

Now really folks, unless you're just a hopelessly biased Hawaii fan like Avvie, do you really think Hawaii has earned any respect yet?

***>edit< ...I had to edit the records of some of the teams, I originally posted their conference records, not overall records.****
  4. avvie

ticktockticktockticktock......
  5. avvie

At 1st Q 7:31 Hawaii is suffering some embarrassment, especially after Brennen loses a fumble on his own 22. 14-0 WASH

At 5:23 left, it's 20-0, with an EP to come.

There's still a lot of time left, but so far this is looking like your kind of game, Hoffa.
  6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Yikes, this isn't good Avvie!
  7. avvie

No, not really.

It looks like Hawaii has at least managed to put a couple of stops together, and has now finally answered with a touchdown.
  8. avvie

Local announcers have said that this may be the worst opening quarter in the entire June Jones history.
  9. avvie

Now 28-21 at the half, Washington's favor. Hawaii scores on 3 posessions in a row during the second qtr. The fans are alive again now.
  10. avvie

Hawaii blocks a FG attempt at 1:07 in the 3rd after stopping 3 plays by WASH in the red zone.

Brennan: 27/33, 260, 3TD, 0 INT

WASH, by comparison, is playing a solid ground game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.