Keeping up with the Joneses - AFC South Edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I haven't seen many articles tracking the AFC South specifically (probably since no one cares), and Paul Kuharsky has some sh*t insight from time to time, so I'll do the work for us so we all look like we know something when the season rolls around.

We all know what we've done so we can just look at the other 3 AFC South teams.

The Texans won the division so we'll start there, they've added; FB Greg Jones, Tackle Andrew Gardner, CB Brice McCain, Punter Shane Lechler, & FS Ed Reed.
    They also lost a few key guys to the Eagles, but other than LB Conner Barwin, none of them matter to us.

The Colts managed to make a playoff appearance, so they're next, they've added; our good friend Matt Hasselbeck, Guard Seth Olsen, Guard Donald Thomas Tackle Gosder Cherilus, NT Aubrayo Franklin, NTRicky Jean Francois, FS LaRon Landry, DE Lawrence Sidbury, CB Greg Toler, as well as sign back a few of their own guys.
    But they did lose Dwight Freeney (he's still available BTW if you wanted to know)

Now for the team everyone was waiting for, the Jaguars. Like us this team blew it in 2012, so it's no surprise they've added some guys including; CB Alan Ball, RB Justin Forsett, OLB Geno Hayes, DT Roy Miller, and thats all LOL (yea they're trash and they know it).
    They did lose some good players (yay) like CB's Aaron Ross & Derek Cox & FB Greg Jones. So they've defiantly gone backwards, but to them that's business as usual.

There you have it, the AFC South moves (I can see why no one is writing about this except me, and now of course Paul Kuharsky will come out with something similar is 48 hours.)

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

PK has actually already made like several articles about this....

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah well suPK!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Further proof he sucks, no one saw any of them.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I dont like him either!

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Colts made some decent moves. Thomas, Olsen, and Cherilus will bulk up that offensive line, a new RT and LG. . Franklin/Francois bulk up the DL. Landry will be huge (if healthy) at the LOS, but trash at coverage. Toler is a solid (underrated) #2 corner, still not a #1 like they need. Colts also lost Donnie Avery, who had a good year. They also picked up Walden, who will fight with Hughes for a starting spot.

Calling the Colts to pickup a WR 1st round. Need to think the future, and Wayne isn't getting younger. Hilton is a deep threat and that's it.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Glover Quin? They've regressed in a few areas the window is closing and with Schaub it's already shut.

Colts made some dumb ass signings which pleases me like Walden and Cherilus. The only singing I like from them is Toler I wish we got him. Still they are going to get better I'm more worried about them than the Texans.

8. JCBRAVE

Naa dont sweat the Colts, they got lucky last year. Andrew Luck is good, but he's not amazingly good, he misses the same throws as Locker, he's human and can get beat.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He was a rookie, theoretically he will improve. I think they won a lot of games off shear emotion rather than talent but Luck will be very good if not elite eventually and that keeps an average team competitive. If they ever get a defense they will be dangerous I just hope we are dangerous too. I miss the old Colts Titans games even though they got the best of us quite a bit. Then Houston can go back to the cellar with Jax and AFC order will be restored.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not worried, just saying they've made the right moves in free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar