Kenny Vaccaro in First Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would be fine with it only because that would mean the end of Griff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

vacarro can play both the ss and fs position as well as being in the box and covering slot receivers and tight ends. i would love to take him at 10 and or even trade back to like 15 and pick him up cause griff is going to be gone and vacarro is the next earl thomas

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I much prefer Vacarro to some of the options i'm hearing like Mingo or a WR.

I think there is too much depth at safety in the 2nd and 3rd rd to do that but i prefer it to some other scenarios.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The Mingo hype kills me, Matt Jones in defensive end form.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Pass. I don't see him as a SS, he's really a FS to me and a FS that runs 4.63 is way too slow for me. The guy really whiffs on a lot of tackles too, kinda like another former Longhorn we are all too aware of.

6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

We may be loosing a corner back next year so if we do go defensive back early in the draft I would expect us to go with a corner back. With the free agency additions to safety I believe we have our players for this year. Martin is an unknown, he may be a well kept secret. I look for us to grab a safety but after the third round.

We have seen that Texas isn't the best place to get a safety from . . . i.e. Griffin.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I posted started this thread before the pollard signing. Still think it is a strong possibility though. It is not for sure we are losing a CB. We cold still keep Verner. And I think it is telling that we signed two OL and two DL. Do not see us going either OL or DL in first round. Sure we signed two safeties but both are old and on short term deals. And the Titans have not shown much interest in FA CBs.

In the end I think they take the best DB available. Safety or CB.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

he played both while at texas and has the ability to cover slot receivers too he is an all around safety in college that will be a FS in the pro...i would be estatic if we took vacarro in the 1st but with both the safety signings its becoming a faint hope, but just because we signed pollard to a one year deal doesnt mean he'll make it to our starting roster

i personally wouldnt mind trying to trade griff for a 3rd IF we could get that and then drafting vacarro but thats just me

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This Vaccaro thing is starting to get some hype. Here's why: he can play NB. I never realized how much nickel in college, but he actually excelled in it. Vacarro makes Griffin expendable, but can also start at NB year 1. If Griffin still sucks, cut him and start Vacarro at FS. If Griffin doesn't suck, Pollard is only on a 1 year deal... start Vacarro at SS.

Just another option.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We are not drafting Kenny freaking Vaccaro at 10 LOL, no freaking way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar