Kern thankful he can laugh about snap snafu

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans punter Brett Kern was able to display a sense of humor about his missed snap on Sunday, joking with his Twitter followers that night.

“I was saying that if `Butterfinger’ called, I could get a new commercial deal,” Kern said. “Thankfully we were able to win, so it’s kind of a joking matter now.”

Kern took his eye off a second-quarter punt snap and saw the ball slip through his hands, allowing San Diego possession at the Titans’ 30-yard line. Fortunately for the Titans, they held the Chargers to a field goal on that possession.

Kern, who’s sure-handed enough that he is Rob Bironas’ holder on field-goal attempts, was having a hard time remembering the last time he blew a snap.

“I think it was like flag football in gym class in the eighth grade,” Kern said. “It never happened in college or in my six years in the (NFL) … It’s just one of those things that no matter how many countless field-goal snaps and punt snaps I’ve taken, you still have to keep your eye on the ball.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

I am glad Kern can laugh about it, I can't. That should never happen. EVER. Those two guys, the center and the kicker, get paid TONS of money just to do that one play. How do you F that up so bad? Now, if Kern had actually made something happen that was not a complete failure, the I can see laughing about it. But he failed miserably. Sorry, no laughing here.

:crazy: