Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Kickoffs may become extinct

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 6, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. customtitan Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $120
    he's prolly the worse thing thats ever happened to football....what a freakin douche
    imo the NCAA has screwed up college ball to the point i dont watch it very often and now god-ell is tryin his hand at ruining the NFL.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,053
    This has to be the dumbest idea I've ever seen.

Goodell is an ass clown and someone needs to stop him before he ruins the game.
    JCBRAVE and Bonky high five this.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,832
    At least he gave Schiano credit for the idea. When I saw this threat I thought Gooddell would be taking credit for it himself: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/07/abolishing-kickoffs/index.html

Schiano makes some good points.

Bill Belichick has a really good idea for a rule change. He wants to get rid of the extra point after touchdowns.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog...k-wants-the-extra-point-to-die?urn=nfl,wp5693

Great idea Bill!!!!! Let's hope Prince Roger listens to you on this one :toast:
  4. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,446
    I just want to know what exactly was wrong with the game to begin with?

The guy in charge always has to change crap to feel relevant.
    JCBRAVE and Scarecrow high five this.
  5. customtitan Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $120
    thats the root of the problem imo.... hes too caught up in tryin to be relevent and less worried about actually doin his job. should the commish of any league be such a headline whore???
    Finnegan2win high fives this.
  6. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,446
    Stern, Bettman, Goodell.. all seem to be doing a really great job and are all well respected.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Let's say it goes up to 4th-and-20 (which is probably more realistic), do you feel differently?

As long as they can find a reasonable percentage, I'm for it. Remember, you blow it and the opponent gets it on the opponent 30 instead of their own 45-50 which is typical of an on-side kick recovery.
  7. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,036
    I'm pretty sure its 4th and 15 automatically and they can either choose to go for it or choose to punt.

Sean Gregory of TIME writes that one of the options being considered for replacing kickoffs entails giving the ball to the team that would have been kicking off at its own 30, automatically facing a fourth down and 15 yards to go. The team can then choose to punt or go for it, via fake punt or otherwise.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    This is about the NFL stepping up to help the safety of players in preventing concussions.

:sarcasm:
    GoT high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Correct. I put in the wrong down. You get one shot.