Kyle Dale Vanden Bosch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tenforthewin, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well that's too bad. Half the time you actually make decent posts regarding draft selections and Titans analysis.

Yeah, I was very worried about that large nfl minimum contract commitment we made to a free agent defensive end. :rolleyes:

Awesome, thanks for that incredible analysis! Regardless of the fact that KVB would NEVER sign a two-year deal that you suggest right now!

We should also offer Bulluck and Lendale a 2-year contract. I'm sure they would jump at the chance to take less money now!

2. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

We didn't have the kind of money he wanted back when we extended his contract but he stayed because he wanted to remain a titan, maybe he will do that again because I don't see us giving to much for him even if he has a great season

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Earth to jeff it was a 4 year $22M deal.

You wrote an entire post in which your premise was based on wrong information and of course alex gave you the high 5 for it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Write these names down alex. Since you are obsessed with my track record.

2006 i was one of the first to suggest the viability of vince young as our pick in the draft. I was also raging high on mario williams and i liked demeco ryans a lot. I liked cutler over lienart. Was not very high on bush.

2007 i touted greg olson very heavily the TE out of miami as one of the big stars in the draft. I thought irons the RB out of auburn qould have made a great 2nd rd pick. I liked griffin right away and never liked the henry pick from day one.

2008 i was the first person on the board to tout leodis mckelvin the troy CB and kenny phillips the miami safety. I said point blank that i thought phillips was the best player on the board when we drafted even though i knew we would not take him. Yes i bashed chris johnson.
    I loved the jones-stevens-keglar picks but was luke warn at best about hawkins.

2009 I touted robert ayers the only poster to really do so and i touted ziggy hood. I believe i was the first person on the board to tout kenny britt and i liked our top 3 picks.

This all comes to a head with robert ayers since you bashed him and i thought he was a great prospect. We will see who is right.

5. Alex1939

The thread where Gut owned you in the ayers discussion was a fun read.

I'm confused. Are you using this post to show how awesome you are, or just an honest look at the players you've blabbed about? Because several on that list aren't good.

Back on the contract KVB signed prior to 2006. After playing his one year minimum deal with us. Why would anyone have complained about that? The deal he signed was pretty favorable for the Titans.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/02/17/titans_show_respect_keep_vanden_bosch/

I'm also surprised how much you are crying because I high-fived someone lol. For what it's worth, it was the final paragraph that I really liked...

This is realistic. What Tide is spouting isn't. That's why the above paragraph deserves props. And as usual Tide is exaggerating because that's the Tide way of discussion.

Funny how no one suggested anything similar to the above, yet you use it to slam other posters. Guess it's easy to build yourself up when you have to make up things others said.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My bad (misread the AP article) but it changes nothing. He took significantly less than what he'd gotten on the open market. Even at $22 mil (ESPN said $21 with only $14.5 guaranteed) that's 20% less than the Seymour deal which was for only THREE years.

Tell us again why a two-time Pro Bowler would gladly accept only a two-year deal?

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

cuz cash rules everything around me CREAM get the money dollar dollar bills yall

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He was not a 2 time pro bowler at the time he had only played one season for us and made one pro bowl in 2005.

Seymour going into 2006 was a 4 time pro bowl player and the most important player on a defense that had helped the pats to 2 super bowl wins.

If you want to say that KVB's knee injuries are the reason he made 20% less i have no problem with that. Probably true.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How did gut own me in the ayers thread? By comparing one players pro day 40 to another player's combine?

What was the subject of that thread? My belief that ayers was damn good value for us at 30.

He was drafted by the broncos at 18!

Mel kiper predicted he would be defensive rookie of the year!

We will see how he does as a pro.

And please tell me how many players i touted who suck. Please list them using your 50% theory.

10. Alex1939

Well then he must be awesome. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar