Kyle Dale Vanden Bosch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tenforthewin, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My question was why he would accept only a two-year deal NOW.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sorry commonsense is needed here and just assumed you had some. I advocated him as great value for pick 30 and he was drafted way ahead of that. Gut didn't think he was a good value at 30. I can go into more detail if you want about how he was worked out and why he went that high.

Ultimately we will see how he turns out which is what i said. the winner of the debate will be determined by what kind of player he becomes.

I guess the bottom line is that you consider my analysis to be special. If a retarded person was wrong about a draft pick you wouldn't give it a 2nd thought but when a genius is wrong it is a big deal and you sure want to make a big deal out of me being wrong once about CJ.

And by the way try speaking for yourself instead of standing behind other posters like titan jeff or gut.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He's good value if he's a good player. If he sucks then he's not good value. Common sense.

Yeah, the winner of all knowledge regarding all of football will come down to how Robert Ayers performs. :rolleyes:

Guess Again.

I think occasionally you bring good football topics or points to the table. But it's always wrapped in a ridiculous pompous attitude. Seems you just get your panties wadded up whenever someone doesn't fully agree with your opinion, which isn't worth that much.

You have to tout that you were high on Mario Williams? Wow, gutsy call there... a consensus top 5 pick will be a good player. :ha:

:suspect:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting that 2 guys i touted as potential picks for us at 30 are the guys mel kiper picked for offensive and defensive rookies of the year. Britt and ayers. What would happen if mel(rolltide) turned out to be right on those 2 guys?

2 more names to write down. Eddie royal, started a thread touting him last year when most online sites had him ranked as around the 10th best WR prospect. I also started a thread about Shonne Green this year.

Let us get you up to about 20 names and we will see if your 50% theory holds and 10 end up sucking.

Edit: Put tashard choice as another name i touted. Started a thread on him. And alex i was one of the most positive posters about the trade attempt to get michael turner.

I was also a big supoorter of the courtney roby pick. didn't talk about him before we drafted him but i liked the pick. Put him on the rolltide was wrong aide of your ledger.

5. Alex1939

Let me clue you in RollTide. When I said 50%, I did not mean literally half of the people you were wrong about it, half you were right. (it could be 51-49, or 60-40, or 30-70... it was never my point.)

You act like your opinion trumps anyone elses that posts here, and thats just garbage. You posted like you knew with certainty that Chris Johnson would be a buster. That didn't work well for you. You should drop the holier than thou routine when it comes to your football knowledge but its obvious by now you never will, its too much of who you are I guess.

But do keep tract of all your predictions.. what would be better is post links or direct quotes to see how much of a guarantee you put on each player and how much you get off on bashing anyone that disagrees with you. It would be much more entertaining.

(And feel free to look at posts where I mention players.. I've been wrong and right myself, of course I never act like I couldn't be wrong. )

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let us change the subject of this thread to how wonderful rolltide thinks he is.

Man you must really have an inferiority complex big time to worry about how i think. :moon2:

7. Alex1939

I'm not worried how you think. As stated I like your discussions regarding players, sometimes.

My only problem is acting like a jerk to other posters whose opinions you disagree with. There's no reason you can't disagree,discuss Titans football with other Titans fan WITHOUT being completely rude. When you are over the top rude it makes the forum a worse place, imo.

It's also not a positive when you, at best, exaggerate what a poster means, at worst, blatantly lie about what posters are saying.

For me, this is the best online place I've found to discuss Titans football and I want to see it remain that way. Getting pissed off because other posters are acting like jackasses makes coming to this forum a bad time.

Let's recap the whole KVB discussion:

The original poster wants us to re-sign KVB, today!

I'm concerned about his injuries over his seasons in the NFL, and will his skill still shine through without the best DT in the game playing on the line with him. I would wait on signing him longterm, because we'll have the cap space to do it if we choose to after the season, and we'll have another season's worth of information to decide which players deserve paydays.

You disagree, and think we should re-sign him right now for a moderate 2-year deal. He's been a good contributor during his Titans days (Nobody disagrees about that).

I disagree that a 2-year deal would even be a possibility, because it wouldn't favor KVB to sign that contract.

That's more or less all the valuable discussion. The rest has been a personal b*tchfest that only drama queens enjoy reading.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Somebody has a serious case of rolltide on the brain. :suspect:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not a 2 year deal! A 2 year extension!

A 2 year extension takes care of a 30 year old player for 3 years. He gets the nice $5.3M salary due this year and then the new deal kicks in except for the SB he would get now. $5M he could get now!

If you don't offer him a longer term deal he doesn't get a longer term deal because he is under contract with us and can't negotiate with anybody else.

A $13M 2 year extension with $5M in your pocket is a much more secure deal than just playing out the year and hoping you don't get hurt and see your value in the marketplace plummet.

We have posters who would not give him a long term deal but then say on the other hand he would take nothing else. That's not consistent.

I would start with a 2 year $11M extension offer and go up from there. I would max it out at around $14M and if they didn't take it i would go to plan B but the alex approach would be to tell him to go to hell and not offer a deal at all.

10. Alex1939

lol.

Your deal sounds reasonable for the Titans, but I have a hard time seeing KVB take the offer. Yes it's 5 million guaranteed. But how much guaranteed would he get as a free agent instead if he has a good year? Or a mediocre year?

Albert Haynesworth signed for $41 million in guarantees. In 2008, Justin Smith signed with the 49ers for $20 million in guarantees, 6 year deal.

So KVB... do you sign now for $5 million? Or do you gamble, have a great year, go into an uncapped 2010, and sign for maybe $25 million in guarantees? An average to below average year and settle for $10-15 million?

And if you take the $5 million now, any opportunity at a huge guaranteed contract is gone, cause you'll turn 33 during the first year of your next contract!

I just don't see it as a good decision on KVB's part to sign the contract you suggest. Not if he wants to make as much money as possible before his playing days are over. If he'll take the damn deal you suggest I hope the Titans offer it. I just don't think it's realistic at all. He's worth MORE.

But uh yeah, I'm telling KVB to go to hell. :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar