Last time Titans had a 100-yard receiver?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

yeah it wasn't to bad that day, and what a hell of a game it was. was it just me or did your get torched by Bitter bills fans all day. lol:ha:

2. teegee

teegee Guest

In addition to Brandon Jones' one game with 100+ yards, Drew Bennett actually had THREE 100-yard receiving games last season -- against the Jets in the season opener, against the Ravens and against the Texans...

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Drew who? Oh, that guy we could do without because he was so easy to replace. Now I remember. Still, the issue on a WR getting 100 yards still rests with VY. When Young has a hard time breaking 150 yards passing in the whole game you can't expect one WR to do it.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

When you are winning, you run the ball. To win, you spread the ball around. I like what he is doing myself, and feel no need for a 100 yards receiver. It would be nice, but I'm way past that. I like winning. I don't think a grat WR will ever work here unless they are willing to give up touches. And those kind of Wr's are home grown, not bought.

5. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

Couldn't of said it better myself. The win is whats most important to me and most of the WR free agents wouldn't like the way we spread the ball around. We just need the recieving corp we have to catch the balls thrown to them and make some plays. And I know sometimes they aren't thrown perfectly then its up to VY to make the play with his legs the next down :ha:

Although I'd like to see the tight ends get more catches. :))

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know about you guys but i'd take kevin curtis right now. And moss may have been willing to come here if he didn't take a pay cut.

Should have drafted greg olsen with our first pick..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting stat comparison..

TE greg olsen....13.4 yards a catch

All titans WRs 11.1 yards a catch..

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I've wanted Gregg Olsen ever since he was in diapers..
    I think i've even created (or took over) a thread in his name.

Who better to compliment VY's slanted 12 yard passes than someone like Gregg.

9. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

I wanted them to draft Bowe or Olsen. Either would of been a great addition to our offense. But we got Griffin who isn't getting much playing time unfortunately.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bowe would have been the better pick based on our needs. We still had a sliver of hope for Troupe and Scaife looked promising.

On earlier comments about if we are winning we are running the ball that makes sense to a point but it really is a way to make excuses for not being able to throw the ball. We might be winning some games DESPITE our inability to throw the ball. It isn't like we should be happy we only throw for 100 yards per game. Our inability to pass the ball is starting to catch up to us because now we are having a hard time running the ball. After all the objective is to drive the ball down field and we are not good enough in the running game to do that being one dimensional especially against good teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar