Late round steal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by maximus, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Back to the original topic of this thread... I was looking at Ball's Pro day workout, he measured just under 6'1", weighed 198 and ran both 40 times in the mid 4.7's. Obviously this is not a guy that gets drafted because of his measurables, but you really have to question his ability to play against NFL DB's.

Speaking of DB's and possible late round picks, has anyone seen the pro day workout for Courtney Brown? He was at San Jose states PD, here is the quote from NFL.com:

"The Cal-Poly SLO product worked out at San Jose as part of their pro day and he really stood out with eye-popping numbers. He originally started school there as a wide receiver and was moved to DB in 2004. Brown (6-1 3/8, 200) ran two 40s, notching a 4.35 and 4.32. He had a vertical jump of 41 ½ inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.07 short shuttle, a 7.10 three-cone and 15 bench presses."

Those are pretty freakish numbers. Who knows if he can actually play football.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Courtney brown..

I doubt if he will last beyond the 4th rd with those numbers. great blue north lists him as a 4.40 guy but he ran a 4.32, 4.35 and a 4.47 at the combine which averages out to even better than that. That's 2 4.32 times he has had one at the combine and one at pro day so he can obviously fly.

At 6'1+ and with a 41 inch vertical it is safe to say he can get up higher than any CB in this draft. And the fact he is a solid 200lbs not the 180 or 185 some comparable prospects are.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/92386

According to this the kid has only played 8 games in college. Just one game in 06 and none in 04. That means he only has 6 meaningful games as a Cb because he was originally a WR. In just 5 games in 05 he had 7 ints! Obviously division 2 Qbs under estimating his speed.

With so little game experience at the CB position we have to say he is a green project who will take some time.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd take a flyer on him if he last to 6 maybe 5 but only if no other CB is worth more than him.

5. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

i have a few guys

Jesse Holley WR,UNC
    Mike Walker WR,CF
    James Jones WR,San Jose ST.
    Jacoby Jones WR,Lane

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hey with those measurables I say we spend a 1st round pick on the guy. Who cares if he has any instincts for the CB position or not....Wait, didn't we make that mistake already with another former WR turned CB?

Never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar