Le Tour starts July 5th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Big TT, Jul 2, 2014.

1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

He probably went until the endorphins from the injury subsided. I would say most people would be whining just trying to ride one tenth of a stage at low speed uninjured.
  2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Actually a broken Tibia so he has reason to be whining a bit. He rode until the endorphins wore off I imagine.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Smash

Smash Soccer God

As a non-English native, what's the difference between tibia and shin? My translator gives the same danish word as a result for both words.
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

5. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

I ride there often...did the ROAN GROAN in early June....have ridden many of the great climbs in the area. It is about a 4 hour drive so for me on a weekly basis I just go to Monteagle, which is less than an hour from me. The climbs are not as long, (3-5 miles) but there are several and the grades vary from about 6% to well over 10%.
  6. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

And until it was obvious that Astana was on the attack and he wasn't coming back to them.
  7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Tibia is the large bone in the lower leg and is also called the shin bone by some.
  8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Cancellara out, no serious GC contender to support and training for other things. Anyone think that Specialized is covering up the fact that a crappy frame broke on Contadors bike?
  9. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Cancellara out???? Do you mean Contrador? I heard the bike was ran over by the team car.
  10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Cancellara has dropped out to train for the World Championship. There is a lot of inconsistencies about what happened to Contador, his bike frame and how many times he crashed. It would no be good if a Specialized frame just broke.
    • High Five High Five x 1