LeBron and Gloat

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans2008, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His game is extremely limited.

He sucks outside of 5 ft.

Cant hit a jumper to save his life.

Look at Lebron's shot charts nightly. You'll laugh at him. He's usually got 15 points from the stripe and 10 from layups/dunks... then misses from everywhere else.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So players that score the majority of their points in the paint and at the free throw line aren't good? It sounds to me like they must be doing something right to be near the top of the league in points scored while not having to rely on an inherently unreliable form of scoring.

Bottom line: LeBron, while not the most skilled jumpshooter in the league (apparently that is the measure of a good player per Gloat), is far and away the most valuable player to have on your team in the league. We could look at any number of different statistics... +/- ratios, PER, team defense, team offense... doesn't really matter. No one changes the game like he does in so many different areas. Whether or not he will remain the most valuable player when he's 35 and not the explosive leaper and sharp cutter that he currently is remains to be seen.

3. Deuce Wayne

Most valuable player to have? Why? He hasn't won anything so what makes him the most valuable on a team? Kevin Durant is closer to post-season success than Lebron is and he has nobody outside of WestBrook on his team. I'd build a team around Durant 3x's faster than Lebron.

ESPN.

Without it, your opinions would be different. It's unfortunate.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

So now a first round exit is more successful than a Finals appearance... jajajajajaja, this guy...

Ok, I was gonna stop posting in this thread seeing how Wayne made his own bed by saying Wade is better than LeBron only to change his mind simply because a few people didn't agree with him, I just can't take anything you say next seriously when you do that. But I'm sorry, blunder #857 was just too good not to point out.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yes, KD "only" has a 22 year old MVP candidate on his team LOL.

6. Passepartout

Passepartout March Madness!

Well Lebron and all of that power that comes with it. And that the Heat will be the new Lakers. As soon as the team finds chemistry and finds balanace. That is all the team needs.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

But, but, but he came really close to winning a series (although when LeBron lost in 6, he quit on his team).

8. Deuce Wayne

I didn't change my mind. I changed the stance due to popular perception. This is like debating the bible as an atheist and using scripture against believers. It's not a contradiction... it's a point. Accept it... move on.

Kevin Durant is closer due to Lebron having the 3rd best team around him in the NBA (Cavs) and still tanking while KD has NO ONE on his team other than Westbrook. No one. Most fans can't name 3 people on that roster.... yet he almost beat last year's champs in the playoffs.

And don't forget THAT part, either you jokes. A first round exit in the West >>>>>> a Finals appearance in the East. The Thunder would have made conference finals in the East, without a doubt. That conference is pathetic and Lebron still couldn't make a dent there.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The 3rd best team around him in the NBA just so happens to be 8-37 with a point differential of -11.3. Do you realize just how bad that is? I just looked through ESPN's charts and there hasn't been any team that has finished a season with more than even a -10 in the last 10 years (that is as far as the rankings go back). If you want to say that LeBron's cast in Cleveland was even better than the absolute worst team in the last decade, you would have to be claiming that the combination of Shaq and Big Z has accounted for an unreasonable amount of their losses. Last year when we had this conversation, you were telling me how the Cavs had several all-stars and that they might make the playoffs without him. Where is that prediction now? The fact is, the Lakers are probably a borderline playoff team without Kobe. The Cavs are the worst team in the last decade without Lebron, and they had the best record 2 years running with him (admittedly not being the best team in the playoffs).

It's the refs.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Oh, and as has already been mentioned, Westbrook is a 22 year old MVP candidate. Not exactly chopped liver. Somehow I doubt that LeBron wouldn't have multiple rings by now if he had played with an MVP candidate since he came into the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar